Fouled Spark plugs issue

Here's the problem,

I went for a ride on my 02' Ultra 150 today. After ridding it for a few hours, I started to drasticly lose power. I was holding down the gas handle and it wouldn't go higher than 15 kmh. I turned it off and check around the grate if there wasn't anything stock under the watercraft but everything seemed fine. I started it back up and everything looked like it was back to normal so I kept going.

Stopped at the beach for about an hour or so, so I decided to take a look at the spark plugs. The were all sunk in oil so I'm guessing the speeding problem was probably coming from there. I took all three of them out but since I was kind of limited, I had to try and clean em up with kleenex.

I went back home and couldn't really fully test the watercraft since the water was so agitated but it defenitly felt like it was missing power. I changed the spark plugs for a new set about a week ago because the ones I had ended up being exactly like the ones I have now. I don't know what's the problem with my spark plugs. I know that if you're running on idle without feeding the engine for too long, it's supose to kill your sparks plugs really fast but I've been paying a lot of attention to that for the last few times. I'm reving the engine about every 3-5 sec when on idle.

I read that the engine could be running too rich on oil whatever that means, but is there a way to fix this or adjust the oil feeding of the engine ?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

I've also noticed a lot of blue smoke comming out and the water comming out of the pisser is really hot..if that has anything to do with the problem mentionned above.

+1
    It's possible that the cable for the oil pump has come off or broken. This will dump more oil into the system than is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    It's possible that the cable for the oil pump has come off or broken. This will dump more oil into the system than is needed.
    Are you talking about the cable right next to the oil lines ? If so, I just quickly checked it and it doesn't seem like it came off. I'm probably gonna try to check quality of the cable to check if it's not broken or just leaking.

The thing is that I never done that, so could you tell me what I have to remove inside the watercraft in order to reach that cable more easily because right now, I've never done any maintenance in my watercraft and I don't want to mess something up.

Also, if it happens that the cable is leaking can you tell me where I can order a new one and what type of cable do I need ?

Thanks !

+1
    The cable doesn't 'leak', it is tied to the throttle and gives the engine more oil as you open the throttle more. If you pull the trigger, you should see the cable & pulley move. The cables are real bad about breaking where they go around the pump because the curve is too sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    The cable doesn't 'leak', it is tied to the throttle and gives the engine more oil as you open the throttle more. If you pull the trigger, you should see the cable & pulley move. The cables are real bad about breaking where they go around the pump because the curve is too sharp.
    Well I've just checked it and I think I know where the problem is. On the oil pump pulley there's a circle shaped metalic spring and I think that this spring broke or just fell off the pulley because it's moving freely. Do you know if there's a way to replace it or if I just have to buy a new one ?

Thanks

pump should return to idle position when throttle is released, i dout you can buy just the spring but maybe get one from used pump.

+1
    I had a spare spring but sent it to somebody here. Find somebody that has removed their oil pump and converted to pre-mix. Doesn't have to be from an Ultra.

Thread Information