Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your Polaris vs....

Xlint brought up his Pro walking over a Kawi 1200. I wanna know what is a ski you have takin down in a race that you're proud of. I happen to think Polaris' are sleepers now a days.

I think some are sleepers but it would take a lot of money to keep up with some of the new seadoos and kawis

+1
    I have taken many scalps in my SL900 over here, 1200s Yami GPRs Seadoo GTX and several others. I recall racing a guy in a 03 Seadoo GTX he was telling me it would run 72mph so we raced over about 3 miles, I took him off the mark and continued to gain on him until I hit my top of around 61. He never caught up so firstly I think that most people have no idea how fast their stock ski really is. I think this guy was doing 55-57! Now I don't know what the scene is over there but here the rec guys run stock machines about 90% of the time so it doesn't matter what you are running chances are you won't race anyone with a 70mph ski. Even the new Kawi 300X skis will only do 67mph top speed out of the crate. So a tricked up polaris can almost beat anything that you will run into. I have never actually seen anyone do anything above 70, which blows me away when I read about the 85-90 guys on the Yami forum. That is a whole new world right there and it is limited around here (and yes I want some of that action too). Yeah I know you can spend 10 grand and get a Kawi or Yami to do 80mph but you can be super competitive with a couple of grand in performance upgrades on your humble polaris and be very competitive. What makes it rewarding for me is when they see the 900 decal on my ski and start asking all sorts of questions, and oh yeah I paid like 1500 bucks for it and have no service costs dude! XLint's battle with a Kawi 1200 is like taking an M16 to a knife fight, got him for top speed, let him catch up and take off like a slingshot, poor guy you really are a bully Kev

Now I don't think the 900 or even 1050 platform is good enough to hit 70+ but the 1200 is for sure, I know Lugs has a 69.7mph Pro 785 and that should take any make or model out of the crate stock any day of the week. But against guys that have spent 10 grand on a riva head and ecu upgrades, well that's another story........

its been awhile since beein on here last...i now have a polaris hurricane 700, a 2000 polaris pro 1200, and a 02 kawi zxi1200..fully custom and r&d'd to the max...talkin about waxing kawis,,,my pro 1200 made a joke out of my buddys 99 kawi ultra 150...baaad... its all i can do to hold on to that beast when i stand on the throttle...pics will be posted of my skis asap,,,

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    My little 1010 should be a 70+ mph boat once I get the prop dialed in. Still have yet to race anyone on it though! After watching some of the skis around my area, I can guarantee that it will distroy just about anything around here out of the hole.

I used to beat quite a few skis with my triple pipe VirageTX (stock GPRs, ultras, RXPs, etc)...but then I raced my buddy's modded single pipe 1300 GPR, and realized what I was missing out on. His single pipe ski went 74 on pump gas, all day long. My ski was modded to the max and he was just getting started. Sold my Virage for more than I paid for my GPR...Virage went 69, GPR now goes 84. Also, make no mistake, those Ultra 150s are no joke when modded...they'll do over 70.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    ran a rxp-x sunday on the virage t/p with the 2x6 sponsons and the 7.0 and 6 wedge.as long as i was planted and hooked up i just kept slipping away from the guy.

^^^Nice! RXPs always seem to be THE benchmark...hate to give Doos that much credit.

+1
    haven't ran anyone yet but on a Cool day my Matrix will run anywhere from 77-79 with the right prop and my Pro 1200 will run up around 73-74 mph and they both get there Very Quick

Man I need a pro or a matrix. I would love to woop up on the seadoos that run the river by me. I can hang with them in the chop with the 900 but once it goes glass away they go

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information