Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

This is what happens when you put your pistons in backwards!

I picked up another Pro this weekend. It had bad compression #s but I could see it had new pistons through the plug holes, so I got it for $450. This is what I found when I got home!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	785 020.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	246087   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	785 017.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	246088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	785 019.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	246089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	785 021.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	246090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	785 018.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	246091  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I picked up another Pro this weekend. It had bad compression #s but I could see it had new pistons through the plug holes, so I got it for $450. This is what I found when I got home!
    Wow, you got lucky!!! You will have her on the water in no time.. this is proof that you can fix stupid sometimes!!

+1
    I was recently rebuilding the hubs on a small trailer and found someone had previously put the grease seals on the correct side of the hub and then put it on the spindle with the seal facing out!!!!!!!!!

My buddies comment was: "There's just some people that shouldn't be allowed to buy tools"

I think he's right about that. Oh, by the way, you can't fix stupid but you can sure spend a lot of time correcting their mistakes!

KJ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    I was recently rebuilding the hubs on a small trailer and found someone had previously put the grease seals on the correct side of the hub and then put it on the spindle with the seal facing out!!!!!!!!!

My buddies comment was: "There's just some people that shouldn't be allowed to buy tools"

I think he's right about that. Oh, by the way, you can't fix stupid but you can sure spend a lot of time correcting their mistakes!

KJ
    You are correct, I should have said, you can't fix stupid, but sometimes you can benefit from stupid... in the case of getting a pro for 450 bucks... I think your buddy was spot on, you have to pass a test to buy tools... sure would cut down on emergency room visits.... I had a buddy in high school that worked in the paint department of a hardware store, some guy called him up, chewed his butt for 10 minutes about this brush he sold him, that would not hold paint, and smeared on the walls, after taking it long enough, my buddy said "hey, take the wrapper off of it, and don't come in here again". "Then says hey tell me if this sounds like I hung up on you... listen and let me know".... This is the same kinda thing!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post

KJ
    We used to tease my friend Marc about taking away his tools, He borrowed a chainsaw from me for a photo shoot at work & I took the sparkplug out so he couldent hurt anyone!

+1
    We used to tease my friend Marc about taking away his tools, He borrowed a chainsaw from me for a photo shoot at work & I took the sparkplug out so he couldent hurt anyone!
    He he......that's funny. I'd love to find a Pro for $450!!!! My SLT's are fun but the feel of 140HP ripping under a light, water biting hull just seems like a blast!

KJ

+1
    If they did that I would pull the whole engine down and make sure everything is done right. Just spend the couple of $$ for gaskets and seals. Make sure you go through the carbs also.

+1

A picture to sum it up....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stupid.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	246550

Yep they could have put the crank in backwards.... LMAO, I would also be tearing it apart just for sh*ts and Giggles... might find some tools down there.... you never know, maybe the page from the service manual that shows how to orient the arrows is underneath the motor, or hell it would make a good gasket, just replace the paper we tore when we took her apart... little goo on there, its all good!!!... good thing there are arrows... well lets see, they cant point forward, wrist pin wont go in, hmmmmm lets put them in pointing to the right side, cause hell most people are right handed... sounds good... man this new motor is gonna turn out just perfect!!!!

it's all in fun, but some people have all the luck!! a $450 pro... what a world we live in.

Hey Vern look at these shiny new pistons, I just got my "mechanics toolset" from sears, got a lot of pieces in the box, so that makes me a mechanic, and since there are so many in the set, I am a real good mechanic...

+1

There's more!

looks like I'm going to have to go through this one with a fine tooth comb!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	785.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	246716  

+1
    looks like I'm going to have to go through this one with a fine tooth comb!
    Lines not hooked up, But also are them some of them gray tempo lines that cause so much problems?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information