Unhappy Water in crankcase in 1997 seadoo gti

Yesterday i did something very stupid! I hooked up the water hose to the back inlet port before starting the engine, then my engine wouldn't start and i forgot about the hose pumping water through the engine full blast.
    As we all know i know have an engine full of water.
    i took the plugs out and cranked it immediatley to purge as much as i could but when i put the plugs back in it wont turn over. just clicks, turns over fine with plugs out, brand new battery just put on yesterday btw. Is the water in the exhaust pipe not allowing it to turn over, i read that on another site and if so how can i get the water out without having to turn the ski over.
    it's trailored in my yard and i dont have the manpower or strength to literaly turn the ski over and im not near a lake and obviously need to get it running before everything starts rusting up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    what i would do is keep turning it over with the plugs out until you know its got to be all out with the exception of the moisture left in it,(careful not to overheat the starter)then spray carb cleaner into the cylinders to dry it out even more and put the plugs back in right after to run it,your going to probably repeat that process serveral times un til it finally runs.Oh do all this with out the hose....then when it finally runs,then turn on the hose.

Put the battery on the charger until it is fully charged. A weak battery will turn over the engine with the plugs removed, but with them in & with all the water in the exhaust it needs to be fresh/fully charged.

thanks, took a while but i finally got it drained &started.
    For future reference i tiltid the ski all the up on the trailer, blew compressed air into spark plug holes, that's what got the rest of the water out that just cranking it did not. Did put the batery on 2A charge, then leveled it back down and worked on one cylinder ata time, about 2 hours of cranking and blowing the plugs dry, putting gas straight into the plug hole as well as the carb, finally started to crank up on one plug, this blew the rest of the mess out of the other plug hole, then started on that one, cranking and drying, cranking and drying, finally it starts to run on the other cylinder, then go get two new plugs and cranked right up, then hooked up the hose the right way and let it run high idle for about 20 minutes. The key was blowing the air into the plug holes with the ski tilted up as high as i could get it. thanks for the input

->I have LOTS to learn.

I just aquired this 1997 gti and a 1996 gsx. I have hooked up the hose too..it runs but backfires a LOT. These machines have been sitting for 2 years and I'd love any input you all have about them. It sounds like I need to get the gti drained and dry.

The GTI never 'wrapped out' properly according to the prev owner. I'm an old Ski Doo (I mean OLD...like 70's) and I was forever messing with the carbs on those. Does anyone here have the factory settings for the needles...and there is a needle on the bow side of the carb and one on the aft ...I dont know which is high speed and which is idle.

Thanks guys.

-Monte

Quote Originally Posted by jgboyd View Post
    Yesterday i did something very stupid! I hooked up the water hose to the back inlet port before starting the engine, then my engine wouldn't start and i forgot about the hose pumping water through the engine full blast.
    As we all know i know have an engine full of water.
    i took the plugs out and cranked it immediatley to purge as much as i could but when i put the plugs back in it wont turn over. just clicks, turns over fine with plugs out, brand new battery just put on yesterday btw. Is the water in the exhaust pipe not allowing it to turn over, i read that on another site and if so how can i get the water out without having to turn the ski over.
    it's trailored in my yard and i dont have the manpower or strength to literaly turn the ski over and im not near a lake and obviously need to get it running before everything starts rusting up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    1 1/2 lows 0 - closed high

Angry Still running rough

Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    1 1/2 lows 0 - closed high
    this thing backfires like sad machine gun only when you approach max rpm's...figured it was too rich so I seated the high needle all the way in and she runs exactly the same, revs pretty good...pops and poops and farts out the carbs at high rpm. Bought a carb kit and I'm going to rebuild it...if that doesnt cure it then I might just have to suck it up and take it to the shop.

Thread Information