+1

Operation "Blue Bullet" Underway

O.K. this weekend I went up to Sharp's Marine and brought along one of the first boats that will hold the 1450 "Magnum" big block. This is a 2003 msx 140 in catalina blue, it's the casing for this bullet of a engine. Myself, Ron, and Rich all talked about this lethal engine that will have all of you grinning from ear to ear. The crank is all ready to be assembled and the rods were heavily modifed pieces, the crank is so nice you almost don't want to install it into an engine. We were also talking about cylinders, pistons designs and power valves. We were also discussing conversion kits for the msx 110/150 boats so that you could put in a twin or triple cylinder domestic engine. There was lots of talk and deisgn discussion going on. We were also talking about small blocks that are going to be real nice for you twin cylinder guys. what would you think of twin pipes on a 910 two cylinder? We will be posting updates on this thread as the projects move along (with detailed pictures). Stay tuned!!

I cannot say enough good things about the Sharp's. They are wonderful people that will do anything for you, it was nice to get up there and chat about all these things that we have going on. I even met "Precious"! HI Precious!!!! there was a lot of laughing and it was great. The food was fantanstic!!!!! guys if you get the chance and you are in the area stop by and see them. Hopefully in a few months here we will be riding and tuning the "Blue Bullet" it will be cold but well worth it.

We will take you through the project and try to post as many pictures as possible. I have to go and get some work done.

Jay
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 12-14-2006 at 07:48 PM.

+1
    Now we are talking! I'm looking forward to the progression on the 1450 and some detailed mechanical information makes it waaayyy cool.
    So time line for the 1450 sounds like it may only be a few months or a summer away. I wish I'd of been a fly on the wall for that converstion!!
    Keep it comn'

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4strokepolaristech View Post
    what would you think of twin pipes on a 910 two cylinder?
    I'll be buying a couple of lottery tickets this weekend. This is what I need for the Hurricane Project X. I was thinking of a 1050 and a custom gas tank but this sounds plenty potent.

+1
    Not meaning to hyjack Jay, but may I make a suggestion? While the boat is disassembled waiting on the engine, you might want to add some more of the ventilation tubing. While reving on the trailer, you could actually see "The Beast From The East" sucking the seat foam in. Might as well give her more than she needs.

(I'll delete this later if you want to keep this thread sterile!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	12786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	12787  

+1
    One other place for some fresh air intake if you remove your oil tank. Slight grinding and I even fit the Flow Rite.

Name:	fresh air intake.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	12841  

Maybe you could incorperate an air intake that works with the windsheild? Like take a peice of poly and cut it out for the mfg display to close of the rear of the sheild. Then add two of the fresh air tubes like what is in side the boat with the same type of ducts. This would bring in 2 2 1/2 air inlet holes? and the shild would work like ram air. Or not.

+1
    "Blue Bullet"...

Name:	DSC02412.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	13448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02414.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	13449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02413.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	13450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02416.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	13451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02415.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	13452  

+1
    Those boats just have no idea what they are in for. LOL

jay

i think this weekend i'll put one of our 1350's in the blue bullet!!! it is supposed to be warm.no time like the present to see what she can do on a single pipe. i'll post pics. along the way. the water will be cold i'll prob. have the wife ride it for me just kidding maybe i could get 4stroker to do it. how about it 4stroker.

I'd love to try it? Where are you at? I just got my pay check and now I can get a new tire for my ford pinto. The old ones had cords showing.
    After I buy the new tires I'll have $37.87 left over. Do you have any motel 6 up there? I think you can get a room for 32.50. I sneek some burgers out tonight for road food.

Thread Information