Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Pole rider and couch speed freak!

Ultra 300 Info..........unbiased actual ride/race results

There are a lot of really biased opinions here, so let me provide one that isnt!

I have a modded FZR (exhaust, intake, Intake grate) that runs 68ish on radar. The acceleration increase with the stage 1 kit was drastic. I have raced RXT-255s, and beat them from a dead stop, and pull them a little on top as well. I have a nephew that has a stage 1 06 rxp that runs 71-72 on radar. I murder him everywhere except on the gun. We have to race for what seems like miles for him to catch me, and it has to be glass or he can forget about it. My father in law had an 07 250 X, that I destroyed, even in rough water (64 on radar is all it had). To his defense the pump is horrible in that thing. He recently traded for a 300LX, and destroyed me. He put 3-4 boat lengths on me and I couldnt catch him. IF he waited and we eased into it, the boats were about even on top end. I ran across a 300X this weekend with the washer mod and he whooped me far worse..................

Bottom line is there is no way in hell a stock or even slighty modded FZR will run with the 300.......period. I'm a good rider and have raced the LX in calm and rough conditions. He smokes me when its flat, and when its rough, well.........

The 300s are the only skis that have beat my FZR. It runs well. Im seriously thinking of trading in for a 300 though...................I just wonder if they are as hard to get to 75 as people say they are b/c of the hull surface. I rode one and it handles night and day better than the 250. Less steering effort, more aggressive, locked in turns, and an overall playful and solid feel. He claimed it was running 70+ and I believe it. Ive ridden and radared enough fast boats to have a good feel for speed. Im sure it was a 70-71 MPH boat,if not faster.

Tough decision for me at this point, but there is rarely a day that an FZR would have any advantage (b/c of water conditions) anywhere I ride.

I hope this helps to give some insight...............this is my unbiased, actual experience.

+1
    You do know this is the Yammi side...

I have to agree. I have both skis....and awaiting R&D's "speed modlule" for the 300x.

I wouldn't go spending 14,000 on a new ski quiet yet. These things typically go in cycles.

Thanks for the info.

GMOELLER, from your experience with both skis, would you think that a stage 1 FZS with a R3 reflash and C1 could pull the ultra 300 everywhere except from a holeshot? I am dying to race one with the bypass module and see. If I race and lose (except on holeshot) I may have to hang it up and switch over to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    Thanks for the info.

GMOELLER, from your experience with both skis, would you think that a stage 1 FZS with a R3 reflash and C1 could pull the ultra 300 everywhere except from a holeshot? I am dying to race one with the bypass module and see. If I race and lose (except on holeshot) I may have to hang it up and switch over to the other side.
    I dont have the r3/c1, but got like 4 boats put on me like it was nothing. I thought I had my anchor out. And it was from my father in law none-the-less The bypass is supposed to be worth 3-4 for the ultra, so can the r3/c1 make up 4 boats and 4 mph? And this is all dependent upon glass or very light chop..............any sizable water and its over.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    You do know this is the Yammi side...

I have to agree. I have both skis....and awaiting R&D's "speed modlule" for the 300x.

Why not the RIVA bypass module for the 300? (or is the R&D a performance "chip" type deal and not just a bypass)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    Thanks for the info.

That is a very good question. It would definitely be close. I have not been able to race my 2 skis side by side together yet....but I am going on a 5 day trip this Saturday and will have lots of opportunities to put them side by side, and with varying degrees of water conditions.

I only have a few hours on my 300, and it was in pretty rough water, so I haven't been able to REALLY open her up.....all that will happen this weekend. Yet still, I can tell the acceleration is absolutely off the hook. I can't wait.

In the "race" that you are looking for just hope that you get calmer water, cause if you don't... you lose for sure.

I will never forget the Kawi 260 that I tried to chase down in Lake Havasu last year.... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ybody....right

....AND I AM STILL BANGED UP FROM IT!

+1
    Who keeps and FZR "slightly stock"??? Not sure about you guys but I get a tingley feeling when I see my GPS scream past 80!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    That is a very good question. It would definitely be close. I have not been able to race my 2 skis side by side together yet....but I am going on a 5 day trip this Saturday and will have lots of opportunities to put them side by side, and with varying degrees of water conditions.

I only have a few hours on my 300, and it was in pretty rough water, so I haven't been able to REALLY open her up.....all that will happen this weekend. Yet still, I can tell the acceleration is absolutely off the hook. I can't wait.

In the "race" that you are looking for just hope that you get calmer water, cause if you don't... you lose for sure.

I will never forget the Kawi 260 that I tried to chase down in Lake Havasu last year.... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ybody....right

....AND I AM STILL BANGED UP FROM IT!
    Tell me how you are going to race your two ski's side by side...

Forget the 260 Bro. Maybe he ate his Wheaties that morning.

+1
    I wouldn't go spending 14,000 on a new ski quiet yet. These things typically go in cycles.
    I think a lot of people feel this way I have looked all summer for one on the water and have yet to see one. The dealers I go by have had the same 300x`s in the window all summer long

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information