Exhaust questions

I have a 1995 xp, 717, rebuilt motor. I cant get the tuned pipe to seal to the manifold. It looks warped because it wont align and stay sealed after being bolted down. I had a crack in the old manifold and replaced it with a used one from a 580(they bolt up the same and the guy said it should fit) and its even worse now. I want to know if I can use either style tuned pipes for my ski, theres the one I have now that has like this

and I want to know if I can use this style instead

If I have to I can get another manifold off a 717, but I really think the second style pipe would be easier to seal. I have redone the damn gaskets 7 times this year and have spent $1000 this summer and have ridden all of a few hours. I found a west coast aftermarket pipe in the second style for $200 or if anyone has a factory pipe setup for sale I would love to have that instead.

Thanks for any input anyone has.

Can you put a staight edge on both the manifold and pipe and see if they are straight with no warp?

The mating surfaces are straight but the pipe itself appears to be warped, one side sticks up almost a half inch while the other half is touching on the corner. It also broke the stud on the manifold before I replaced the motor. I am just replacing the entire exsaust I just really need to know if I can use either style pipe or if I have to use the style I have now.

Thread Information