+1

2011 wake pro 215 limp mode

Hello

Just took delivery of a brand new 2011 wake pro 215 from a dealer about 300 miles from me (the only dealer to have one within 500 miles of me). It rained all weekend so today was the first day I got to take the ski out on a lake nearby to test it out. The motor started fine, but the maintenance required light turned on and the cluster read "limp mode", so after tooling around for 5 minutes at 3-4mph just getting my balance on the machine I loaded it back up onto the trailer. I will call the dealer tomorrow and see what is up but wondered if anyone here knows what is going on. This ski was brand new, never started with 0 hours on it. Needless to say i'm pretty bummed right now!

Thanks

+1
    Just to update this for anyone who has this problem with their new ski, It was just a programming issue form the dealer. They SHOULD have plugged the ECU into their system to update it prior to it being sold. This was not done, so the ECU automatically flags maintenance required after only a few minutes of starting. Updated ECU and problem fixed! Have over 8 hours on the ski now and really starting to open her up...man these things are fun!

hi, i am new to the sea doo world im a wakeboarder and was wondering how you like the 215 wake,
    have you had many problems with it?

+1
    It will never compete with a wakeboat in terms of wake, but it is pretty cool for just tooling around behind it with a wakeboard or skate. The electronics for towing work well also to get different weight people out of the water and to their favorite speed.

I had the initial programming problem that was solved pretty easily, and it seems like its kind of a PITA to start sometimes, but I hear there is a ECU update to the key system I will have done during my 10 hour inspection this weekend.

Thread Information