Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1

08 RXT-X mods opinions

Yes I searched before posting this and got some background knowledge. I'm different than most I think since I'm almost strictly a bay boat with some ocean trips, not a flat water queen. I routinely take long rides so I'd like to not kill my efficiency. Most of my driving is just cruising from location to location.

I have an 08 RXT-X with 68 hours on it currently. (Example of what I mean - I put 8 hours on it this weekend).

It's stock right now but am curious your opinions for mods given my constraints.

Seems like the R&D X grate would be the best for me?
    Fizzle intake
    fill ride plate holes
    Riva free flow exhaust (probably not thru hull)

I'll probably see 71-72 out of those mods and they'd be the basis for anything else I do so I could grow into them.

Those are definite mods unless anyone has better suggestions. The next set is more theoretical.

My friend is selling a 137 wheel. Thinking of possibly picking that up along with an ECU valvetrain mod, and rrfpr so that I could make the most of the 137 wheel.
    What would I see out of that and/or what would I need to support they?
    78?

Or any other suggestions for mild yet effective setups?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy89 View Post
    Yes I searched before posting this and got some background knowledge. I'm different than most I think since I'm almost strictly a bay boat with some ocean trips, not a flat water queen. I routinely take long rides so I'd like to not kill my efficiency. Most of my driving is just cruising from location to location.

I have an 08 RXT-X with 68 hours on it currently. (Example of what I mean - I put 8 hours on it this weekend).

It's stock right now but am curious your opinions for mods given my constraints.

Fizzle intake
    fill ride plate holes

I'll probably see 71-72 out of those mods and they'd be the basis for anything else I do so I could grow into them.

Those are definite mods unless anyone has better suggestions. The next set is more theoretical.

My friend is selling a 137 wheel. Thinking of possibly picking that up along with an ECU valvetrain mod, and rrfpr so that I could make the most of the 137 wheel.
    78?

Through-hull, fill holes, ET 137, rrfpr, grate, DIY intake, flo-rites.
    You don't need to do anything with the valvetrain unless you plan on doing an ecu and revving higher . Also look into reinforcing your tunnel because they have been known to crack on those skis

+1
    Oh yeah, and ask Scott how to remove that intake screen in your manifold
    A wedge would help too

+1
    Anyone else have opinions?

Sounds like I'll be rebuilding the charger at the end of the year, probably putting in the 137 wheel. As well as grate (still waiting for people to weigh in on which one), intake, fill plate holes, maybe exhaust. Oh, and prop...15/22R maybe?

I can get by on the stock ECU or injectors with that wheel?

That'd be great, to do all that, keep stock ECU, then maybe end of next year do valvetrain kit + ECU so I can make better use of these mods.

How are flow rites for water ingestion?

+1
    Keep it simple and maintain your fuel range - 4" Air, R&D grate ride plate holes 72 to 73 and you can still ride all weekend without worries.

+1
    et 137 with supporting mods (stock ecu) should be around 74-77 mph on the stock plate with supporting mods. MAKE SURE YOU DO THE TUNNEL!!!!

+1

Fizzle intake
    fill ride plate holes

78?

First, you need to reinforce the pump tunnel and add a bilge pump or 2.
    Second, remove the supercharger, add the Viton front seal, check the slip on the clutches, and clean the Intercooler of oil residue.
    Third, free mods: remove the flame arrestor, trim the reverse bucket, fill ride plate holes.
    Forth, install an R&D intake grate or the Worx intake grate
    Last.....Solas 15/22 impeller....send it directly to Erik at SpeedFreeksRacing for re-pitch and setback mod.
    If you're not interested in top speeds like the rest of US flat water queens then you're Done.....and enjoy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    et 137 with supporting mods (stock ecu) should be around 74-77 mph on the stock plate with supporting mods. MAKE SURE YOU DO THE TUNNEL!!!!
    Are injectors part of the necessary supporting mods? I'm open to aftermarket ride plates but doesn't the RIVA one require open loop? I love closed loop since I go in salt water.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    First, you need to re-inforce the pump tunnel and add a bilge pump or 2.
    Second, remove the supercharger, add the Viton front seal, check the slip on the clutches, and clean the Intercooler of oil residue.
    Third, free mods: remove the flame arrestor, trim the reverse bucket, fill ride plate holes.
    Forth, install an R&D intake grate or the Worx intake grate
    Last.....Solas 15/22 impeller....send it directly to Erik at SpeedFreeksRacing for re-pitch and setback mod.
    If you're not interested in top speeds like the rest of US flat water queens then you're Done.....and enjoy.
    I'm interested in top speeds, just not 80+ nor am I willing to sacrifice user friendliness - that's what I meant.
    I was involved in a radar run with a boat racing club Sunday which made me more interested.

Worx vs. R&D grate?

Also would like opinions on better intercooler for long rides/mods as well as a BOV

+1
    Are injectors part of the necessary supporting mods? I'm open to aftermarket ride plates but doesn't the RIVA one require open loop? I love closed loop since I go in salt water.

I'm interested in top speeds, just not 80+ nor am I willing to sacrifice user friendliness - that's what I meant.
    I was involved in a radar run with a boat racing club Sunday which made me more interested.

Run the stock IC. thats a decent core. i relocated mine with the riva kit. I also removed the OPAS and used the Riva basic block offs. Im really disapointed at how this ski turns under 10 -15mph. Maybe the Riva Pro BO's will help this?
    Worx vs. R&D grate?

Also would like opinions on better intercooler for long rides/mods as well as a BOV
    i have a rxt in my group of friends that runs a riva drop in wheel and a rrfpr with 42lbs injectors. its runs 74 all damn day and never had an issue.

Id like to know how much better the R&D grate is vs the Riva.

+1

Worx vs. R&D grate?

Alright......get the R&D intake grate.

The stock intercooler is very good......but its efficiency can be improved by separating the incoming waterline which T's off to the exhaust manifold and IC and downstream T's again to go out.

The prevailing wisdom here is to NOT use a BOV......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information