ultra 250x vs rxp

ok i know this is a kawasaki forum but i would like some feed back ...i can buy an 09 rxp with 38 hours on a double trailer for 7400 or i can buy an 07 ultra with 41 hours on single trailer for 7000.. the deal is i will have about an 7 hour drive to get the sea doo and about an 2 hour drive to get the ultra.....how do the two compair i had an 05 rxp and it was stolen and now the insurance is sending me a check so im looking for something what do yall think...thanks

+1
    if your lake is choppy, get the kawi, if its glass get the seadoo (condition of each not withstanding)

They both look new and the places i ride have alittle of both. I know more about the seadoo but nothing about the ultra. Do they have any problems like the seadoo has. In a flat out race how do they compair. I guess top speed is about the same

Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    if your lake is choppy, get the kawi, if its glass get the seadoo (condition of each not withstanding)
    +1.

250X:

Pros - Excellent average speed and stability/hookup in rough water, good acceleration for an "older" 3-seater, tons of storage space

Cons - Poor fuel economy, slower on flat water stock (65mph), poor potential top speed on flat water with mods (70-75mph), reliability issues (especially when not properly maintained) - GIO, spark plugs, seized SC, cracked cylinder heads when using aftermarket SC pulleys

RXP:

Pros - Good top speed on flat water stock (67-68mph), very good potential top speed on flat water with mods (80mph+), lots of options when modding, decent fuel economy for a SC ski, very "playful"/nimble

Cons - Poor average speed on rough water, poor hookup in rough water, tends to porpoise in waves (pogo stick), only seats 2 people (so no towing for water sports), need to rebuild SC every 100hrs (it's a SC SeaDoo), older models had ceramic bearings that could cause major engine problems

PS: Feel free to correct the above. If your conditions are both flat and rough, try to find a used RXT. I think that would be a pretty good compromise.

Do they have any problems like the seadoo has
    Do bears shit in the woods? Way more issues +1 for naptown

Thread Information