+1

Sucking up sticks in my 2005 speedster 200

I keep sucking up sticks and it ends up ruining the rest of the day. It always seems to be on the port side also and seems to happen most of the time when I'm going thru a no wake. Is there any tricks that you guys do with different grates or some kind of way to get it out without having to limp it all the way back to the trailer.

+1
    Jump in with a mask on and pull them out. Just hide the key so nobody hits the start button.

+1
    I don't know where you live but I'm not jumping in the water where I live, besides even with a mask on I don't think I would be able to see anything.
    I went out again tonight and I didn't even get out of the no wake and I sucked up a stick that just wouldn't come out so I head back in to put it on the trailer and on my way back in I sucked up another one so it ended my night before I even 500 feet up the river.

+1
    if your not willing to jump in the water where you ride, then might I suggest not riding there..If your sucking up that many sticks, you might not want to ride there...

+1
    It's not just willing to jump in the water but when I put it on the trailer I have a hard time getting the stick out. I have to get a long pry bar to reach in there to get it out. There's just no way I would be able to do this under water.

I do agree with you Twin. I keep getting sticks and twigs in mine as well. One time I was limping back to ramp and came across a guy at his home cleaning his boat dock. I ask him could we lift my boat and get the stick out. We did and was able to get back on water.

I have found that since then as soon as I know there is a stick stuck in the jet I immediatly turn off engine. That seems to work every time for me. I think the back wash from slowing down fast makes it go out.

Hope that helps

Thread Information