+1

Another SC Failure Stock 04 RXP

friend of mine claimed the ski lost power and seems like the sc went out on him so i took the intake of and i saw the marking of horrible touchdown..... so i take the sc out and low and behold the bearing closest to the PTO gave out and ALSO one of the riva metal washers was gone!.... im guessing that the bearing gave way and locked up causing the gear to melt the washer right away.... now the shity thing is that i only found five of the seven bearings and when i got the SC apart there is no little washer up against the cage of the bearing next to the shaft spacer... i think these are on the 06 and up clutches only then to help keep the bearing in tact... the other bad news is i just helped him throw a SBT short block in there because it dropped a single exhaust valve and ive been telling him to update the SC because it has over 100hrs on it... so i think the route is going to be a new complete SC and already ordered the 08+ oiler update parts.... anyone have anything for a 215hp in great shape?

+1

+1
    i cant find housings on there, did you?

same thing happened to me. still trying to get all the parts together. check the the double gear on the flywheel. the teeth on mine were damaged. take the front oil pump off that catches most stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    friend of mine claimed the ski lost power and seems like the sc went out on him so i took the intake of and i saw the marking of horrible touchdown..... so i take the sc out and low and behold the bearing closest to the PTO gave out and ALSO one of the riva metal washers was gone!.... im guessing that the bearing gave way and locked up causing the gear to melt the washer right away.... now the shity thing is that i only found five of the seven bearings and when i got the SC apart there is no little washer up against the cage of the bearing next to the shaft spacer... i think these are on the 06 and up clutches only then to help keep the bearing in tact... the other bad news is i just helped him throw a SBT short block in there because it dropped a single exhaust valve and ive been telling him to update the SC because it has over 100hrs on it... so i think the route is going to be a new complete SC and already ordered the 08+ oiler update parts.... anyone have anything for a 215hp in great shape?

i would also take the pto cover off, thats were i found the 7th ball bearing i was looking for

+1
    PTO and front oil pump were coming off... my flywheel was chipped and it has been fine, nothing to worry about

+1
    Just called sbt today about oil pumps. the guy said. A couple hundred each. Pto cover and all. Im pretty sure its on an exchange though

Thread Information