Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Need Advise on this. Ingested some water and now problems.

Guys I let my uncle ride my RXP today and forgot to tell him to watch the water around the under seat vent when spinning around.

Well He took one hell of a gulp of water when he came out of a 360 and it just sucked the water through the under seat vent into my home made air duct to my stock air box.
    Well it smoked like crap BAD. Then it cleared up a little and the damn oil warning light came on and I went into limp mod. I let her rest and took her out and she got to running again and would only pull 7900 RPMs but was pulling 8000 before this.
    Then again oil warning. Any Idea what is wrong?

Does it hurt the motor to drink some water. I mean it has so much to go through before it gets to the cylinders..

My light only say Warning OIL and then goes to limp mode.

Be back in an hour.

Austin

+1
    It could have fouled a plug enough to not fire correctly. tyr changing them first.

I did it once, I have the air intake going under the seat too. I let it sit over night and it rode fine the next day I didn't suck too much water. I have now but outerwear water resistant prefilter on the hole and also made a outwear "skirt" along the top part where the waters comes over the glove box.

+1
    It has the IUX27 plugs in it.
    But it did seam to clear out after I let it sit a minute and I had to calm down. It then would pull 7800 to 7900 at about 68.5 to 69. So I think it cleared out, but my consern is why is it giving me a oil warning and going into limp mode?
    When oil is low it says low oils.

For you engine nuts. What does the water ingestion do to a motor when it happens like this?
    Does it just steam off as smoke and clear up? And all is well.
    Or does it score cylinder walls and pistons? Also is a OIL change called for? Or can it even get into the oil? It looks normal. Not any milky look!

Austin

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    motor in the engine will jsut burn up.... i can't imagine you took on a serious amont of water jsut from a spin...

u dont need to change plugs.... what u do is go get aersol can of brake parts cleaner..... spray the spark plug tips with that and they will be good as new. when was your last oil change? if VERY recent then fine..... if it's been 25 hours or more in my mind i would change the oil for 6 bucks, can't hurt...

i'd then fill it up with good gas, and go ride it and beat the living crap out of it until u run out of gas.

then, i'd do a look over of everything and make sure everything looks ok...

it's probably mostly in your mind that something is wrong... could be so many variables affecting speed or RPMs for the day.... they'll come back oneday

+1
    Yea, but I am a little puzzled about the oil warning and the limp mod?
    It never did it until right after this. And now it does it every time I run WOT Since this. And that was 5 times and then I pulled it out, as I was not very happy at this point.
    And yea it was alot of water I was ridding the DI beside him when he did it and it suck the nose under and that vent became a Vacum cleaner. And then a huge cloud of white smoke and then a big ugly sounding motor.

+1
    No other opinions?

I would do an oil change and let it sit out with the seat's off and maybe take the SC connector off. Should all evaporate out. Maybe put that water out you can get at walmart in the gas (not sure if it can get in there).
    See my post "2005 rxt season 1 - stage 1" for pictures of my seat intake. I have tested it by putting a piece of filter cloth on the intake, on top of the outwear filter. Then I did lots of spinouts and made sure the water come over the top of the hood and glove box. When I felt the cloth filter it was dry as a bone.

whats this under the seat vent you guys are talking about? Can you show a pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelse68cal
    whats this under the seat vent you guys are talking about? Can you show a pic!
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1867

Look at seat intake picture.
    His didn't have the outwear filter or skirt and that hole was connected to his stock airbox. He had a 3" turbo fan if I remember correctly(so he could get fan and suction airflow).

On mine I just have it going straight to the SC with a 4" tube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information