Cylinder stuck....

I'm trying to replace the PTO piston on my SL 650 and need to pull the cylinder... I have removed the two bolts from exhaust manifold and the four nuts from the cylinder base but the cylinder refuses to let go of the crankcase. I tried whacking it with a deadblow hammer, gingerly tapping it with a regular ball-ping hammer (Dont want to crack the aluminum), and prying it with crowbar (but not much to pry against)

I'm thinking of applying propane torch to it to heat it up, but not sure if that's a safe thing to do. Any other ideas? Am I missing another nut or bolt somewhere?

I'm following the FSM except that I'm only pulling the one cylinder instead of all three. My last resort was gonna be to pull the exhaust and remove the entire exhaust manifold, but I was hoping to not have to do that.

+1
    There are 3 bolts per cylinder/exhaust manifold connection. My guess is that you didn't remove the 1 on the bottom.

Well dont I feel like a dumbass..... Yup. I was reading FSM and for whatever reason interpreted "remove cooling water manifold bolts (6)" as describing the exhaust manifold

Sorry for the jack ass question, but thank you it came right off with the last bolt being out (if you can imagine that)

+1
    gotta love this forum!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tripn4days View Post
    Well dont I feel like a dumbass..... Yup. I was reading FSM and for whatever reason interpreted "remove cooling water manifold bolts (6)" as describing the exhaust manifold

Sorry for the jack ass question, but thank you it came right off with the last bolt being out (if you can imagine that)
    Don't be so hard on yourself. If I had just 1 dollar for every "dumb" question I've needed to ask, I could probably by a new ski!!!! Glad you got it off!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself. If I had just 1 dollar for every "dumb" question I've needed to ask, I could probably by a new ski!!!! Glad you got it off!!
    Lucky you, I'd probably own a dealership or two along with the ski!

Thread Information