1999 polaris genesis ficht has occasional miss or hiccup

Is it normal for 2 strokes to have the occasional miss or hiccup. My 1999 genesis ficht will miss sometimes and i don't know if this is normal. Anything i can do for this. Just installed new plugs and added fuel injector cleaner. Tank was drained of old gas and filled with premium, so i am pretty sure its not bad gas. Does it more at mid range rpm's with the occasional miss at 6500 rpm.

+1
    Not normal. Check fuel system, and fuel pressure. They will stumble for just a bit until they get a bit of heat in them, but should not miss once they have heat, and at 6500 RPM seems odd. No other symptoms????

Fuel pressure is 22psi and 31 psi when return line is squeezed off. What about the plug wires or coils, can they cause these symptoms?

also check for water in your fuel

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzard one View Post
    Fuel pressure is 22psi and 31 psi when return line is squeezed off. What about the plug wires or coils, can they cause these symptoms?
    Yes, check and clean motor ground lug, and rings that are on lug put back together. Then put a multi meter into alarm/buzz mode, and one lead on lug, other lead on coil bolts, and stainless plate mounting the coil. Tell us what you find.
    You can also start machine, start water flow on flusher, put timing light on each plug wire one at a time, squeeze trigger, bring up RPM and note what happens.
    15 seconds max no water, less than 2 minutes run on flusher at a time.....

What do you mean by rings that are on lug? What am I looking for with the timing light? Greg

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzard one View Post
    What do you mean by rings that are on lug? What am I looking for with the timing light? Greg
    Consistent flash, means consistent spark. There is a group of wires going to motor ground, on a bolt, the bolt I referred to I called a ground lug. Looking for consistency in the flash of the light, and if it is not, then we have something going on electrical

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a failed hose that holds the two halves of the exhaust manifold together. There was a recall on this.
    The engine compartment gets contaminated with exhaust gas and this screws up the mixture.
    Also I had a momentary cut out at high speed in rougher water which turned out to be a lose positive battery cable at the electrical box up next to the fuel tank right side. A simple tightening fixed that problem

Thread Information