Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

r-2 with powershot disconnected runs like crap ?

I have a question that maybe someone has an answer to.............I bought the r-2 reflash last year and installed it on my fzr...I also had a powershot on my ski which I didnt remove...i turned down the fuel on the powershot until my ski was running good.....I rode mud bug and every where else with my ecu set-up this way..(r-2 and powershot)................Today( a year later) I disabled the powershot to see how my ski would run on the r-2 alone...it would not get onto plane and ran like crap ( the idle was ok).....i re-connected the powershot and the ski is a rocket again (8100 rpm in 100 deg heat)......do you think the stock ecu has a learning curve in it? just wondering...thanks in advance

+1
    Did you make sure and disconnect all the injector connections AND the map sensor one?

+1
    I had sort of the same problem earlier this year. I had my ecu reflashed to R2 and my PS reflashed at same time. Installed them both at same time(using B1 wheel). ski ran fine on water for the day. got back on land and while blowing out ski it would stall when i blipped the throttle before returning to idle. Got home and disconnected the PS(since i wasnt supposed to need it anyway) The ski would attempt to start but immediately stall. Hooked PS back up and ski started and idled fine, but would stall if throttle was blipped.

I talked to glenn @ R&D and asked if it was possible that the reflash had no fuel map installed or if there wasn't a signal to fuel pump activated in the reflash(it seemed the PS was completely controlling the fuel. Not just piggybacking) He told me there was so many lines of code that it would take awhile to try find the problem and he didnt have a ski at the shop to try it out on. So he offered to reflash it to the R3 for me for nothing.

So, I took him up on it and have been running the R3 now for 22 hours with no problems without the powershot.

+1
    Did this ever get resolved?

+1
    There's no "learning curve" per se in the ECU. The early R2 flashes had some issues (certainly mine did). I'd talk to Glen at R&D and switch to an R3 flash to take the PS out of the equation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Did this ever get resolved?
    I got a pm from him he was only unpluging the injectiors and he forgot to unplug the map sensor wire also so he only unhooked 1/2 of the PS. This was what was going on as to why it was not running correct when it was un pluged.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I got a pm from him he was only unpluging the injectiors and he forgot to unplug the map sensor wire also so he only unhooked 1/2 of the PS. This was what was going on as to why it was not running correct when it was un pluged.
    This is what I figured. Gotta disconnect the map sensor interface too. Surprised the ski even ran with it like that.

+1
    you guy's are correct.....sorry for being absent.(my work days are really crazy right now).....I had a brain fart and did not fully remove the PS im gonna remove it "totally " this week and see how ski runs.........I need a air fuel meter...is the Innovate Wideband Gauge MTX watersports Gauge the proper guage ? I have been reluctant to remove ps as my ski is pulling 8100 rpm's in texas at 100 + air temp. , with a 14/23 skat .I thought I should be at around 8300 ? Thanks for the help......

+1
    update: I totally removed the powershot . ski is running on r-2 reflash with great results. I pulled about 8200 in the heat , ski is quicker and crispier running. moral of this story is read the instructions .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    update: I totally removed the powershot . ski is running on r-2 reflash with great results. I pulled about 8200 in the heat , ski is quicker and crispier running. moral of this story is read the instructions .
    Good deal! I need to try running mine without the powershot since the temps are warm right now....my ski seems to splutter or hesitate (whatever you wanna call it) when hard accelerating at times. I really seem to think it's a result of the powershot....I may need to get a fuel pressure regulator come winter, since the ski runs lean in the cooler months, even with the powershot maxed out on 8.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information