Thread: low pr

low pr

Hello, it's the new guy again. I was out riding the ski and it just dieid on me and now it wont start. When you crank it over it doesn't even feel like it is getting fuel and the mfd reads " low pr " I tried to unplug the mfd but that did not work. I would appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

+1
    Low pr = Voltage below 10.9 volts

Thanks, I have the charger on it, it just seems like it is not getting fuel. I've read a couple of things about the fuel pumps but not really sure if that is the problem. Any help?

+1
    Im guessing that you have a Fuji powered ski? (blue motor)

The fuel pumps dont outrite quit to often. They usually lose capacity and can starve the motor for fuel at high RPM leading to a melted piston. The 750's were bad for this and a triple outlet pump is recomended. Let us know what year and size ski that you have. If you have a Blue motor you should read this post:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-750-780-785-s

Thank you, it is a fuji, im not sure what year, 780 slt. Thanks for the link, all tips are greatly appreciated.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    If it's a SLT 780 it's either a 1996 or 97. Check the last 2 digits of your HIN for your year

Try pouring a little premix (40:1) down the carb throats and see if it fires up. (fuel supply test)

If not, check for spark. Remove the spark plugs, ground them to the head bolts and crank the ski over. Do you have spark?

Finally if you're getting low pr on the MFD, check the battery voltage at the battery when it's running. Should be over 14 volts at 3000 RPM or higher

still no start

I finally was able to work on the 780 and I have a better idea of what is going on. It starts right up and will run for 30 sec to 1 min then quits. I pulled the plugs and they are all fouled out. I cleaned them and checked for spark-I do have spark but it looks a little weak, not sure though since this is the first ski I've worked on. If i try to start it after a few min. it does the same thing. I know the wires have never been replaced but i'm just wondering if it could be anything else. Any suggestions?

try triming your wires back about 1/4 inch. pull the boots off, trim the wires, reinstall boots with new zip ties. Still might be a battery problem. I would check voltage at battery while cranking. If it starts try it again after it dies on you. Compare voltages. As stated above the ski needs 10.9 volts to fire while cranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbohms10 View Post
    I finally was able to work on the 780 and I have a better idea of what is going on. It starts right up and will run for 30 sec to 1 min then quits. I pulled the plugs and they are all fouled out. I cleaned them and checked for spark-I do have spark but it looks a little weak, not sure though since this is the first ski I've worked on. If i try to start it after a few min. it does the same thing. I know the wires have never been replaced but i'm just wondering if it could be anything else. Any suggestions?
    After it dies try openining the gas cap, if it hisses then you have a bad vent.

You might want to take look at the circuit breaker on the electrical box. The contacts can go bad and cause high resistance to voltage and current flow. This can cause intermittent lowpr, mfd flashing on and off, weak spark and the engine to suddenly stop or not start. Use an ohm meter and do a resistance check while you press on the reset button.

Thread Information