Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Question regarding Maintenence light and IBR ssue on an 2011 RXT IS

I just picked up a new 2011 RXT IS and within the first hour riding it I noticed maintenece required scroll across the screen along with the light turning on. I pulled off to the side and checked to see if any wires or anything out of the ordinary and found nothing. After about another 30 or so min of riding @ about 30-35 mph I felt the motor cut power, check engine light come on and IBR light come on. I stopped and shut it off and restarted it and WTF still the same. I soon realized I had no reverse and it would not go in the neutral position as well. As im approaching the dock I turn off the motor, then turn it back on to reposition myself and the check engine and ibr light went of and I had reverse. WTF!

So I bring it back to the dealer and they could not tell me why it cut power or the ibr not functioning properly. As for the maintenence light, it was reset and I was told that this has happened to a few skis within the first hour and should not happen again.

Has this happened to anyone?

+1
    My new 2011 wake pro 215 had the maintenance required light go on within 5 minutes of putting in the water and go into limp home mode. I immediately pulled it out and took it to the dealer. They told me that the ECU needed to be flashed when I purchased it but it wasn't. Going to take it out later today... hopefully that was all and they fixed the problem.... Pretty disappointing for a brand new ski!

Quote Originally Posted by Madmike1 View Post
    My new 2011 wake pro 215 had the maintenance required light go on within 5 minutes of putting in the water and go into limp home mode. I immediately pulled it out and took it to the dealer. They told me that the ECU needed to be flashed when I purchased it but it wasn't. Going to take it out later today... hopefully that was all and they fixed the problem.... Pretty disappointing for a brand new ski!
    I agree! I would expect it from a used ski. Let me know how it goes. Stay safe

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Also, raise up your suspension, take the front storage box out, and you'll see a large connector hanging down from the gauge cluster. Just give them a good squeeze to make sure they're seated. I had mine come a little loose from all the bouncing around and it caused me similar problems.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    Also, raise up your suspension, take the front storage box out, and you'll see a large connector hanging down from the gauge cluster. Just give them a good squeeze to make sure they're seated. I had mine come a little loose from all the bouncing around and it caused me similar problems.

Good Luck.
    I will check that out thanks.

+1
    It should have thrown a code that the dealer could read, and at least give you an idea of what happened.
    The codes show up as either "active" or "occured" depending on whether it was just a blip, or an actual ongoing problem.

I have the GTX limited iS, which has the same internals. I get iBR faults about ever 8 starts! Pull key off, wait 1 minute, put key back on, startup and it's fine. Had throttle fault 1 time in the middle of the lake. Try riding across a lake at idle. Finally stopped, took key off waited 4 minutes for ski to completely power down and put key on and it was fine. It's bad when the manual says getting faults is normal. These new setups are extremely buggy! I only have 10 hours on the ski! If I hadn't purchased the ski for buisness purposes, I would have been very disapointed.

Have you broke the plastic connector on the seat shock yet? Mine was assembled backwards and broke!!! Took some studying to figure out what was going on.

Wait until you suck up a rock and take the impeller out, the plastic brackets with nuts embedded in them on each side for the steering nozzle brake loose and spin well before the proper torque value is reached.

I've had probably 8 or 10 customers complaining about the iBR issues as well.

I'm actually quite disappointed but I will forget it ever happens if it doesn't do it again. I haven't broken that plastic connector and the way things are going I'm hopeing things go smoothly. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gbest View Post
    It should have thrown a code that the dealer could read, and at least give you an idea of what happened.
    The codes show up as either "active" or "occured" depending on whether it was just a blip, or an actual ongoing problem.
    Supposedly when they hooked it up the only code that came up was the maintenence light.

+1
    The maintenance light comes on for two things, When the machine hits 10 then 100 hours, or, when it throws a fault code.
    So if you are not at 10 hours yet, there was a fault code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information