Thumbs down Can't get wsm piston rings ??

I'm trying to rebuild my 700 slt but have ran into a problem with WSM, seems they have no stock on rings for my pistons, part # 010-832-05p, can I/should I use any other rings on these pistons ? The dealer up here has been telling me for 2 weeks that the were coming in then yesterday they let me know that they were on back order and did not know when they would be available, I have since confirmed this with wsm. It's Hot as hell here and I have nothing to ride. What to do ?

Banned User
    +1
    Get the oem ones. They will cost more though

Try calling Sharp's Marine in NY...they usually stock them, plus they are the only "Polaris friendly" place left.

Also, there were a couple different ring styles used on that motor, so be sure you get the right ones for the pistons you have.

could I reuse my old rings?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Not a good idea. The new rings will "wear" to the fresh cylinder bore, The old rings may give you lower compression and never quite seal right.

hmmmm well im wondering if your even rebuilding this all the way usually even a low hour machine will not allow a proper hone to come out of 7-9 thousands piston to wall clearance , thickness of a piece of paper is 5 thou

if i were you i would just reuse the old rings and pray you get another 20 hours out of it . if not just get a wsm piston kit sure it will run ya 90-160 bucks

i have a std set of platinum wsm pistons i tried to use but my clys were worn and mine were not able to be used since after the hone they were at 12 thousands not good

i still have them( brand new ) i think i used the bearings ,wrist pins and circlips all order able parts on othere piston kits which had those parts missing

pm me ill ship a pair out to you for 40 $ shipped ( they have rings ) but its a gamble since i said after you hone the cly properly they usually come out of spec to use standard pistons

contact luvhavinfun

My pistons are .5mm oversize the people at wsm comfirmed that I could use oem rings, so on the Polaris microfiche it says part and amount needed for the engine, circlips needed -4, needle bearings needed -2,
    piston ring kit needed -1, so that is what I order. When I get my parts yesterday and open the ring package there is only rings for one piston, cost of the rings $95. plus tax = $107.35 Response of the polaris dealer "well, I guess you need to order another set" W.T.F. I figured that for 2 sets of rings @ $100+ is about 2x the cost of aftermarket but this is unbelivable. This hole keeps getting deeper!

http://www.pwcengine.com/products/www.pwcengine.com try this. i got pistons and rings from here.

Banned User
    +1
    Partspitstop.com has the ring kits for 40 bucks a set. You need 2

Thread Information