96xp should I try extended pump spacer for 1mph? or does it scrub top speed, 65 now

Hello I have a 96xp running 64.8 mph now on garmin GPS.

I just took my pump out and removed the solas x1 prop for the solas xo prop. Since my pump is out should I try the pump extension from the 95xp limited? Pump extension spacer, longer driveshaft, longer steering cable, longer vts arm, longer pump bolts.

Will the extended pump help top speed or hurt it?

If it all depends on props and pumps let me know because I can use my skat trak magnum small or large hub 6 vane to achieve these goals.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastxpp View Post
    Hello I have a 96xp running 64.8 mph now on garmin GPS.

I just took my pump out and removed the solas x1 prop for the solas xo prop. Since my pump is out should I try the pump extension from the 95xp limited? Pump extension spacer, longer driveshaft, longer steering cable, longer vts arm, longer pump bolts.

Will the extended pump help top speed or hurt it?

If it all depends on props and pumps let me know because I can use my skat trak magnum small or large hub 6 vane to achieve these goals.

on an RXP it helps in top speed....

The 95 xp800 limited was a bit faster than the subsequent 1996 xp. Not surre if it was the pump extension or something internal in the engine, but it was always 2mph faster stock.

The pump extension really helps the handling though, sticks to the water better in tight turns.

Found this on wikopedia, lol.

For 1995, the XP now sported the new X-4 hull which was based on race hulls used the previous year. The hull was extended at the rear, narrowed at the bow, and trim strips were added on both sides of the stern. This hull handled far superior to the previous hulls. It had removable trim tabs at the rear which could be shimmed with a kit offered over the counter to trim the hull as desired. Also, a 4 inch long pump spacer was added in front of the pump. While this spacer added slightly to the top speed, it hurt performance in rough water because of the extra time it took to fill the increased volume with water once the pump came unhooked.

I know the 95xp limited was a tad faster than the 96xp but wasn't that 95 hull 35 lbs lighter than the 96?

cool, I would say to go for it if it isn't expensive.

Mine came with the extension when I bought it new, back in the day.

Most fun I ever had on a PWC, and it is great in the rough, it stays hooked up better.

Thread Information