Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77
  1. #1

    Yeah never buying a Seadoo again, 5 hour failure

    I was cruising along at about 30mph varying the throttle and babying it because its under 10 hours. I boat on erie so theres normally 2-3 footers. Hit a wave (not even hard) and hear a crack. Dont think anything of it, figured it was the plastics hitting each other. WRONG. See a crosswave that i need to avoid, turn to avoid it and the handlebars fall in my lap..... try and slow down but i hit the wave and flew off the machine. Hop back on and see that seadoo uses a plastic steering column. One that fails under almost no stress whatsoever.

    Whats worse, is that i was so pissed i tried calling customer service at 7pm EST.... and get a message that they are closed? Really? A major name brand doesn't have 24 hour customer service?

    Does anyone know if this piece of junk column will fall under the warranty?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	266957_10150740242870495_870480494_21209182_166122_o.jpg 
Views:	954 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	246801


  2. #2
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    u cant be serious about 24hr customer service?... this is what they have dealers for..... there is no way in hell "hitting a wave not even hard" would cause that, i have hit so much shit VERY HARD and never broken a thing...

    what ski is this?

  3. #3
    Moderator boataddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,822
    +1
    39
    What ski is it? What year?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    u cant be serious about 24hr customer service?... this is what they have dealers for..... there is no way in hell "hitting a wave not even hard" would cause that, i have hit so much shit VERY HARD and never broken a thing...

    what ski is this?
    Yup, got a message saying the office was closed. Unbelievable. It may be hard to believe, but I was going easy on it, i dont beat on any of my vehicles, and especially not this one since its in the break in period. It was flawed from the factory for sure.... but they shouldn't even be using plastic steering columns to begin with.

    2011 GTS 130

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    What ski is it? What year?
    2011 GTS 130... 5 hours on it. WAS going to be a ski to hold me over and become my G/f's ride whie i wait for the 2012 RXP to come out.

    I'm hoping this falls under the warranty, but i highly doubt it.

  6. #6
    szt8b7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    661
    +1
    6
    I feel for you but can't believe there wasn't prior damage.................not meaning you did it. Maybe during shipping or assembly? I ride Erie a lot myself, an 03 GTXSC and an 09 RXPX. I have hit the bars so hard I bruised ribs but NEVER had anything like this. Where did you buy? I can not believe they would not warranty this. Once again, what model (not that it matters a whole lot).

  7. #7
    TheEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    934
    +1
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    2011 GTS 130... 5 hours on it. WAS going to be a ski to hold me over and become my G/f's ride whie i wait for the 2012 RXP to come out.

    I'm hoping this falls under the warranty, but i highly doubt it.
    I'd be very surprised if they didn't cover it under warranty. Especially with only 7 hours on the ski.

  8. #8
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    Yup, got a message saying the office was closed. Unbelievable. It may be hard to believe, but I was going easy on it, i dont beat on any of my vehicles, and especially not this one since its in the break in period. It was flawed from the factory for sure.... but they shouldn't even be using plastic steering columns to begin with.

    2011 GTS 130
    sorry let me rephrase my comment i can see how you would take it after reading it a few more times in my head....


    "you cant be serious actually complaining that there isnt 24hr customer service"

    also does your girl have a lot of riding experience? the GTS doesnt have brake or reverse, not sure why you wouldnt have spend another 700 bucks to get the GTI with those features...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    I feel for you but can't believe there wasn't prior damage.................not meaning you did it. Maybe during shipping or assembly? I ride Erie a lot myself, an 03 GTXSC and an 09 RXPX. I have hit the bars so hard I bruised ribs but NEVER had anything like this. Where did you buy? I can not believe they would not warranty this. Once again, what model (not that it matters a whole lot).
    See above for model/year....I agree, I should be able to jump up and down on the handlebars. I probably braced myself on the handlebars a bit while hitting the wave.... but I weigh 175lbs... and maybe put 50lbs of pressure on it if that.

  10. #10
    BTW about the BRP customer service being "closed" at 7pm EST... I even tried the dealer hotline in an attempt to get a hold of someone.... closed as well.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2002 SeaDoo XP, 40 hours, w/ Trailer and SeaDoo cover
    By phoenixsun in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 03:36 PM
  2. SOLD 2006 Seadoo RXP 40 Hours - FOR SALE - in So. Florida
    By rliberto in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 09:18 AM
  3. Buying A Seadoo Rxp
    By Fabs_RXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
  4. i am buying a seadoo gtx 1999 with 951 engine is this a dependable ski?
    By troyg1130 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
  5. would you buy a rxp again
    By braaapf7 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •