Dallas area service??

Well I bought my wife a left over 2010 FX SHO a few months back and its time for the 10 hour service. Against my better judgment I am taking it in for this one and only service, for the simple fact I have some throttle cable binding and simply rather have them work on it then me. Heres the problem, the dealer I bought it from is telling me 7 to 14 day turn around on the service. This is unacceptable to me, had another dealer tell me a day at the most, but I have never dealt with this dealer and wanted to get options. Central Yamaha in Plano, hows their service dept???

+1
    A lot of years ago, N. Dallas Yamaha used to sponsor me when I was still racing. Their techs were always the best in the DFW metro. Of course, that was 25 years ago..
    Might be worth giving them a call to see how their turnaround is.

The guys at Central are not known for a fast turn around as far as I know. Plus this time of year they have plenty of work. They have my SHO right now to do a timing chain and I was given an estimate of about 30 days for that.

If you are near Wylie you could always just pop by and I can pull the oil out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    The guys at Central are not known for a fast turn around as far as I know. Plus this time of year they have plenty of work. They have my SHO right now to do a timing chain and I was given an estimate of about 30 days for that.

If you are near Wylie you could always just pop by and I can pull the oil out for you.
    Thanks I have all the stuff and know how to change the oil. With twin whippled 502's in my boat I turn a wrench about every other weekend. I also restore antique boats mainly 50's Boston Whalers.

Just called again and 1 day turn from Central.

Excellent. I have no reason to think Shawn is nothing but a good guy.

Cool I know some of those shop guys come right from jiffy lube. Years ago before I got too big and needed twin screws to move me across the water Dales Jet did all my mods, I figured u guys would know if Central are on the up and up. Ski is at Roadrunner having a trailer built right now and then off to Central. Thanks Biz.

Nice ski SHObiz,

Thread Information