help finishing ignition updating slt 700

I have several questions and need your help. I bought a new board (4040071) and an update ignition kit (2873355) and am almost done installing it.
    1. I seem to have three incoming red/white wires yet only two connections on board? These are for the fuel system I figure and one comes from the cut-off switch. Any suggestions?
    2. Black wire from ignition coil bracket inside electrical box goes to battery negative terminal-correct? Do I omit/remove? The postings I have read and the memo on the install calls for locating the ground wire between battery and electrical box terminal board and disconnecting/cutting it. Is this the wire they are talking about?
    3. As a part of my purchase, I was given a connector wire with the following: part # 2460933-02 with two wires (black/green and brown/cream with male spade connectors terminating in single connector with two bullet connectors in it. There is also a black/white piece of wire looped around the brown/cream wire with a bullet connector attached. What is this piece used for as there was no included instructions.
    Thanks

+1
    Is this a '96?

The red/white wire are for the fuel guage,there should only be 2, 1 to guage,1 to LR 52 module.

I've seen way tooo many red/purple wires fade and look like it is red/white.
    Trace the wires to where they end, to determine what they are for.

The extra connecter sounds like it fits a snowmobile coil. And the "loop" wire somehow makes that work. Do not use any of that stuff.

Your kit did come with the correct coil ?

Yes, the small black wire to the battery gets cut.

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    Is this a '96?

The red/white wire are for the fuel guage,there should only be 2, 1 to guage,1 to LR 52 module.

I've seen way tooo many red/purple wires fade and look like it is red/white.
    Trace the wires to where they end, to determine what they are for.

The extra connecter sounds like it fits a snowmobile coil. And the "loop" wire somehow makes that work. Do not use any of that stuff.

Your kit did come with the correct coil ?

Yes, the small black wire to the battery gets cut.
    Are you sure about the black wire. It is bolted to the coil bracket on one end. Is this the correct wire or does this go someplace other than the negative terminal? Thanks for the help.

Banned User
    +1
    He is referring to the small black wire that comes from the battery to the electrical box. It is connected to the same lug that the large negative cable connects to the battery with. If it is still there it needs to be cut/removed. This wire is outside the box, not inside.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris slt700-darn View Post
    Are you sure about the black wire. It is bolted to the coil bracket on one end. Is this the correct wire or does this go someplace other than the negative terminal? Thanks for the help.
    Yes, Polaris wants to elimenate the ground connection between the elect box and battery.
    Instead, grounding the elect box to the engine. They did that with the ground wire on the stator,that black stator wire will now ground to the coil bracket.

You will still need the black wire from the elect board to the coil bracket.

If you are not comfortable using just the stator wire for ground, you can run a wire dirrectly to the engine cases.

Thread Information