Who's done the dreaded burnt wire to stator repair on 750. "I HAVE NOW AND IT WORKED"

I bought a 95-750 and the guy just tossed in a new wrong battery. It flopped around .Didn't make 30 mile ride home. It burnt the black wire , box to stator. Know what how and why. Part my bad. All other wires look of so far. I am going to try to replace it with silicone amw it carries twice current.
    I did get the 97 seadoo running in 2hrs that i beat them up 500 on. "97 seadoogtx & polaris 750 great trailer with pwc trailer trunk. knee board some jackets @ $2000.
    Was there any other damage,Stator, cdi " i have read all post i can . Nobody really gave after results.
    Should i wank motor or tank, I do ok in tight area.
    Gonna do pump upgrade, one cylinder was just redone, auto cock was gone as well as all gray fuel line.
    If motor is out any thing else i should look at.
    Last edited by 153stars; 07-26-2011 at 12:59 AM.

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    Make sure you check the stator's coil resistances. The wire may be burned all the way down into the stator, in which case it will require a stator rebuild, or replacement.

check:

http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....t-things-to-do

for the specified stator impedances.

It can be replaced without pulling the motor. You will need to pull the fuel tank out.

do a leak down test and check the piston wash. i had the same thing happen to my stator i got lucky it didnt burn all the way into the block i just replaced the wire and solderd it and never had anymore issues

Did you loose spark until it was fixed. I have new heavier silicone wire secured into black box so far. Flywheel exposed , tanks out. See some burning at 8" from block probally go all the way.

Heat has been rough for working.

I just did the wire, only had to do the ground "BLACK"Cut away the hose stuff loom was in. no other damage to other wires. From loop stacon in black box I soldered after crimping. Into stator. Chipped away resin that fed into stator and soldered there . Painted some epoxy as it was hardening up where resin was. Watch right under the wire at stator "outward side" there is one winding wire that crosses under it. I Used car type split wire loom stuff and some tape here and there to re-wrap loom. I used silicone #12 amw wire Had to carefully drill out rubber grommet into box. It pulled into the stator grommet fine. Watch pinching the wires rebuilding case///me . oops/////. Tested stator ohms as directed al was good. Pump should be here tomorrow.
    All the gray hose was gone on my ride very good and autocock. I got ready to do the new 2 outlet . " most do 3"35LPH fuel pump , Im going 2 outlet I put Tees in between each carb . Didn't have to remove them "carbs",

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
    All the gray hose was gone on my ride very good and autocock. I got ready to do the new 2 outlet . " most do 3"35LPH fuel pump , Im going 2 outlet I put Tees in between each carb . Didn't have to remove them "carbs",
    That's really not the best idea. A 3-outlet pump ensures that all 3 cylinders receive practically identical fuel delivery and is the ideal fix on these 750 motors.

KJ

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    That's really not the best idea. A 3-outlet pump ensures that all 3 cylinders receive practically identical fuel delivery and is the ideal fix on these 750 motors.

KJ
    In all honesty, it's not bad at all.

If you think about it, the stocker was a single outlet and lasted all these years.

It's just the internals that get weak and start to fail you. Not necessarily the amount of outlets, but the amount of fuel the pump will flow.

I didn't come up with the idea alternate method it is everywhere. Been said bigger pump works fine stock method as well.

Okay...Had it running today on trailer. Kinda of forgot i shut fuel off at first. But i was priming carbs with premix any way . So as not to over heat the starter getting everything pumped back up.

Thread Information