Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pole rider and couch speed freak!

75-80 MPH parts needed.......FZR

If you guys have been following my other thread on the Ultra 300 you'll know I got murdered by it. I have considered trading for an Ultra 300, or stepping up my current setup. I ride in fairly choppy conditions, so the big boat has an edge. Ill need big speed to have a chance.

I have the Riva Power filter, Riva exhaust, and Riva ribbon removal kit. I also have the R&D intake grate. I get about 1-2 seconds of minimal cavitation right now from dead stop, but the acceleration seemed awesome........until I pulled up beside the 300

I want to run at least 75. 77-78 would be better. I still have stock ecu, wheel, rideplate..............

I think I need:
    -R2 reflash
    -B1 or C3 wheel (which is better?)
    -New ride plate (SHO or VX modded by Jim for $426) or I see R&D has an new plate claiming 3mph.........This seems like a good option for ($225)??
    -prop??

Any other info is appreciated. I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but want to do it right. I do not want to get into valvetrain/internal mods.

Thanks in Advance

+1
    You will have to add a Intercooler to that list for sure !!!!!!!

+1
    R3, C1, IC, and a VX modded plate will put you over 80 with the correct prop pitch on the 155mm stock pump. I highly recommend skat swirl props for 155mm. Very little/ no cavitation with great top end.

Pole rider and couch speed freak!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    R3, C1, IC, and a VX modded plate will put you over 80 with the correct prop pitch on the 155mm stock pump. I highly recommend skat swirl props for 155mm. Very little/ no cavitation with great top end.
    Whats the difference in a R2 vs R3? Seems negligible unless running big boost numbers. Why a C1 instead of B1 or C3?

As far as intercoolers, RIVA, R&D, or upgrade parts?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip clemmons View Post
    Whats the difference in a R2 vs R3? Seems negligible unless running big boost numbers. Why a C1 instead of B1 or C3?

I went R3 and C1. To my knowledge the R3 has better fueling ability. Plus the man at R&D himself (Glenn) always told me to just get the R3 and skip everything else. The Riva cooler is a nice piece. Fun to install but nice. I did not choose to go big on wheels due to the clutch. Gonna try to keep the strain down with the C1.

+1

Riva Powercooler is what i prefer and would get that asap.
    C1 is a more mild wheel. If you get that go with the R2. My friend is running that exact setup on his fzr(with powercooler and skat prop) I believe he is doing 76ish with a stock plate
    If you want more, I would skip over the b1 wheel and go for a C3 or ET Low Boost with R3 reflash. R3 adds more fuel than the R2 and is better for the C3 or ET LB. I ran a B1 with R2 setup for a bit but it was a little weak for me. It is kind of in the middle of the C1 and C3 or ET LB over 8k rpms. Swapping out the ET LB made a substantial improvement in speed and acceleration on my ski
    You would probably want to get a Skat prop after all that
    You could also try just adding a reflash and getting a Jim plate to put you over 75 on stock charger. Intercooler is still a good thing to get to pickup some power and fend off heat soak better

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I went R3 and C1. To my knowledge the R3 has better fueling ability. Plus the man at R&D himself (Glenn) always told me to just get the R3 and skip everything else. The Riva cooler is a nice piece. Fun to install but nice. I did not choose to go big on wheels due to the clutch. Gonna try to keep the strain down with the C1.
    Very good info right here. IMO I would contact R&D directly for specific questions regarding their products.

+1
    Also, you could get a R2 and Modded vx plate. Jim ran 78 with those + an IC.

+1
    If you guys have been following my other thread on the Ultra 300 you'll know I got murdered by it. I have considered trading for an Ultra 300, or stepping up my current setup. I ride in fairly choppy conditions, so the big boat has an edge. Ill need big speed to have a chance.

I have the Riva Power filter, Riva exhaust, and Riva ribbon removal kit. I also have the R&D intake grate. I get about 1-2 seconds of minimal cavitation right now from dead stop, but the acceleration seemed awesome........until I pulled up beside the 300

I want to run at least 75. 77-78 would be better. I still have stock ecu, wheel, rideplate..............

I think I need:
    -R2 reflash
    -B1 or C3 wheel (which is better?)
    -New ride plate (SHO or VX modded by Jim for $426) or I see R&D has an new plate claiming 3mph.........This seems like a good option for ($225)??
    -prop??

Any other info is appreciated. I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but want to do it right. I do not want to get into valvetrain/internal mods.

Thanks in Advance
    You are definetely on the right path. You can get a modded vx plate from jim (I got over 3 mph); R2 or r3 with a repitched prop and you should reel in that 300 like a sick minnow.

+1
    i think just adding a reflash and intercooler will get you to mid 70's (but don't forget to add engine cooling mods)to go for higher speeds add a bigger wheel
    i run a motec on a stock wheel and i am at 79 mph now , but it is winter here
    all my mods are VX plate ,sealed pump, engine cooling mods, watson intercooler , riva free flow air and exhaust, riva ribon deleat, R&D intake grate
    stock supercharger and prop

kev

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information