Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

300LX Oil Change

What brand of oil extractor kit do you use to change your oil on the new 300X or LX ???
    My first per of jetski's and i have never used a oil extractor before, and im not taking them back to the dealer for a oil change LOL.

Thanks, Kevin

+1
    This is what I use http://www.pelaproducts.com/

Thanks for the good info Vman,

I was not sure if you had to have a fitting for the tube were the dip stick is at, looks like you can use the oil extractor for anything. 26 views and 1 reply i guess the dealers are making good money doing oil changes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksh9711 View Post
    Thanks for the good info Vman,

I was not sure if you had to have a fitting for the tube were the dip stick is at, looks like you can use the oil extractor for anything. 26 views and 1 reply i guess the dealers are making good money doing oil changes.
    You're very welcome, my friend!

Hey Vman, is the tube that goes into the dipstick made of plastic or metal. Can you tell me how far it goes down in. I have a oil pump and just have to add a extension. I just don't want to melt the 1/4" plastic hose I plan on using.

Thanks in advance.

+1
    think about it the tube has to reach the bottom of the pan any plastic tube will do as long as the oil isnt roasting hot

I use the Ht Moto Fluid Extractor that they sell here on the online store and it works good.

Just performed the first oil change at 12 hours on the ski 250 miles total per the dash. Everything went smooth, pulled out 4.9 quarts of oil out of the engine. The oil filter is very difficult to reach and get off without the correct tool and I ended up just using down under ballsack strength wearing rubber gloves to get the factory filter off. Cleaned up the oil mess and added 4.9 quarts back to the engine.

The dealer said they do not recommend synthetic oil so I went and purchased the Kawasaki jet ski 10w40 at $5.25 a quart. They probably said this because thats all they had on the shelf.

I guess my question is how much more helpful is the factory filter wrench or possibly get a K&N next time with the hex head already on it?

+1
    get the factory one as the others seem a little too loose, next time put rags under the filter before you remove it =no mess.

From the factory my filter was F#####G TIGHT, good thing I have the metal cap from advanced auto for 5.00 I would never have been able to get it off by hand. Also, if you think the filter is hard to get off on the 300 try a 250, much easier on the 300. I always put paper towles under the filter when removing it, or you will have a puddle of oil in the bottom of the hull.

I used to only get about 4 - 4.5 quarts out of the 250, I got about 5.2 out of the 300's first oil change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information