Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question will catch can be bad if i ride in salt water 70% of the time?

i want to make the diy catch can but will it be bad if i ride in the ocean 70% of the time?

+1
    You can but I wouldnt recommend it....Youll want that extra oily residue to coat the Scer to help from corrosion..

+1
    Just go catch can, if something needs lubing - then use something like seadoo lube.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    Just go catch can, if something needs lubing - then use something like seadoo lube.

In Salt water conditions how do you coat,and plan on keep coating the Scer from salt water corrosion with out running the blow by tube back into the intake track????This is used to coat the Scer and help in aiding against salt water corrosion..without it your Scer impeller and housing will be a mess after awhile...

Banned User
    +1
    You have to ask yourself a question....WHY WOULD BRP RECYCLE THE VAPOR? They have a reason....To keep a light oil film on the SC, TB, and internal aluminum parts of the intake system to prevent salt water corrosion...You can also ask the question, why do you have to rinse a ski with fresh water after riding in salt??? DUH, corrosion prevention....

BRP have to account for all types of riding conditions, that's why the air intake is design the way it is (to prevent water intrusion), the exhaust system is looped up to prevent backflow...The light mist of oil is there for protection...And honestly in STOCK FORM there is not enough vapor volume to really affect performance over time.....So your IC gets a little coating over it after 100+ hours of run time, BIG DEAL. Take it out, clean it, put it back in....Thats a LOT CHEAPER than replacing it, the SC, the TB, etc....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post

Thats fine and dandy, BUT IF it were me running in salt water i would want the tube hooked up..ive seen a number of Scer impellers messed up by salt water after sitting for awhile....Now if your gonna take your Scer out and apart quite frequently to clean it then have at it..run a catch can..If your not,and dont know the mechanics of it...i would leave the hose hooked up...

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Listen to snoman, dont use the catch can, if it were me in your position thats what I would do.

thanks for the replies guys , iv decided to keep the hose but i want to get a air intake system. which one would allow me to keep it on besides the riva kit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information