Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Puget Sound Riding

Couple of us are riding from Marysville to Port Townsend tomorrow (Saturday, July 23rd). Launching from Ebey Park (1400 1st Street, Marysville, WA) at 11 am. Distance to Port Townsend is about 35 miles, and regular unleaded is available at their fuel dock.

Anyone up for a ride on Saturday (7/30)? I can trailer/launch just about anywhere on Puget Sound. Supposed to be a clear, sunny day. Low tide around 11-11:30 of MINUS 2 feet, so may have to plan around that for launch time.

At least 2 skis (probably 3+) launching from Pt Defiance in Tacoma (next to Vashon Ferry landing) at 10am tomorrow (Saturday 7/30).

I just sent you a message...count us in for some long puget sound runs this summer

+1
    Hey man. Welcome to the community. There are a few groups events coming up this year. There was a great turnout for the Easter Egg Hunt. The next event is a rally at Daroga State Park just north of Wenatchee, June 1-3. Riding, bbq, nad tent camping in the sun. The Underwater Music Festival is going to be July 28th. Bunch of us went last year. I ride a '09 fxho. And Sam and I have done plenty of touring in the Sound. Love the FX for it's mileage. See you out there!!

The Cap'n

Probable group of riders launching from Pt Defiance on Sunday (6/24) around noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Midd1994 View Post
    Probable group of riders launching from Pt Defiance on Sunday (6/24) around noon.
    Update - now planning to launch at 11am.

https://local.google.com/maps?q=47.3...num=1&t=h&z=17

Weather's looking a bit marginal (at least for me - who has to drive 65 miles to the launch ramp), so I'm out. I was told there would be at least 2 skis launching rain or shine, for anyone who might be passively following this thread.

Okay, looks like a North Sound ride is in the works for Saturday (7/7) - Marysville to Deception Pass & back, taking the inside route between Whidbey & Camano Islands in both directions. Marysville has a very nice launch facility right off of I-5. 4 launch lanes, wash-down/flushing station, and unless they've changed something since last year, there are NO LAUNCH FEES.

General plan (all distances shortest possible, I'd budget 20% more for fuel planning):
    Marysville to Oak Harbor Marina (31 miles) - refuel with available 89 octane gas!
    Oak Harbor to Deception Pass (22 miles)
    Make many transits through the pass. Peak current is around 930am, but should still be flowing fast when we get there (est about 1030?)
    Deception Pass to Oak Harbor. - refuel again.
    Oak Harbor to Marysville.

Total distance (shortest) would be about 110 miles, but I'd anticipate several runs through the Pass and I expect we'll run into one or more large boats (with large wakes) and end up zig-zagging behind them for a while! (adding to total mileage).

Plan to leave the launch at 9am, back at 1:30pm (to avoid issues with 2:30pm low tide). Right now it's just NWDayton & myself.

Marysville launch (Ebey Waterfront Park): 1401 1st St, Marysville, WA

Sam
    2005 Sea Doo RXT

A child of five would understand this. Go get one. pierowman's Avatar
    +1
    what kind of speeds you guys run at?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information