electricsl issues with sl900

i tested the starter sylenoid by touching the yellow/ red wire to the purple/red connection and it cranks over, but i still can't get it to crank over with the start button. i noticed that there is only one connection on the board for the red/white wire but nothing else connecting to the board. Which wire is missing?

Banned User
    +1
    You should have a red/purple and a yellow/red running from the start button to the terminal board. There should then be a yellow/red wire from the terminal board to the start solenoid. The red/purple is your 12v battery feed. Pushing the start button applies 12v from the battery to the solenoid. You should have 2 yellow/red wires attached to the terminal board.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You should have a red/purple and a yellow/red running from the start button to the terminal board. There should then be a yellow/red wire from the terminal board to the start solenoid. The red/purple is your 12v battery feed. Pushing the start button applies 12v from the battery to the solenoid. You should have 2 yellow/red wires attached to the terminal board.
    I do have 2 yellow/red wires connected to the terminal board. I still have no cranking when I hit the start button. What am I missing here?

Banned User
    +1
    Is the red/purple wire from the start switch connected to the proper terminal? If it is you may have a faulty start button

Is the red/purple wire from the start switch connected to the proper terminal? If it is you may have a faulty start button
    i assum so since the red/purple connects with the other red/purple wire on the board. i did test the start and stop switch and i have ohms going to the board.

Banned User
    +1
    If it cranks by jumping the Yellow/red ot the red/purple, the problem is your switch or the wiring for it. Obviously the solenoid works, so the problem is the switch that triggers the solenoid.

If it cranks by jumping the Yellow/red ot the red/purple, the problem is your switch or the wiring for it. Obviously the solenoid works, so the problem is the switch that triggers the solenoid.
    I took the starter button off and tried jumping it and it wouldn't start, so i take it that the starter buttons is fualty. Thanx for the help

Thread Information