Thread: Please Help

Please Help

So my supercharger washers on my 05 RXT let go and went into the oil pumps and motor. The shop that did my supercharger update to the 08 spec said it will be about 3000 for parts and labor to clean out the motor and install two new oil pumps. He said if I didnt do that then I will for sure blow up the motor. I totally understand his concept and do not however doubt what is going to happen. I just believe he is a little steep at 3000 dollars. So for now I just had him update my charger. What and how long do you think I have on this motor? Make it until winter to replace it? If so I believe I can get a new one from SBT for about the same price. Any suggestions or ideas. Thanks Guys

west texas
    It is not cheap to have the dealer tear the motor down, inspect, mic, and clean and reasemble.
    Depending on what all you are replacing on the oil pumps but if they are replacing all parts then it can get expensive.
    Not to mention the new bolts, gaskets, and any other parts that might be needed to easily get expensive especially if all the work is being done by the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by scott93310 View Post
    What and how long do you think I have on this motor?
    I lost 1 ceramic washer and 1 spring washer - and still put 182 hours on my ski before I shattered an OEM metal washer. Although, I did remove all of the junk from the suction oil pump and replaced it's components. So, who really knows how long your ski will run before it seizes up? What I do know is - the main bearings will have deep groves in them and the pumps will be scarred up.

Quote Originally Posted by scott93310 View Post
    Any suggestions or ideas.
    If you have any mechanical ability at all - get a service manual, remove the engine, and rebuild it yourself. You can replace all of the bottom end bearings for about $300.00 and replace the oil pumps components for about $400.00, gaskets = $100.00 + new stretch bolts for about $200.00 - saving yourself about $2000.00 ... just an idea.

Thread Information