Thread: help urgent!!!
12-15-2006, 06:01 PM #1
ok well i just recieved the cdi from aaron....and it seemed to be running strong but it didnt seem to want to go wide open....here are the things i noticed:
- the engine would not easily start like it did when i first had it and i took out the spark plugs and they were kinda wet with oil/gas so i cleaned them and it started right up...
- next it seemed a little rough reving up...if i kept it fethered from idle to 1/8 or so i could get it to rev and then take it up a little bit
- i vaguely remeber changing my pop off lower then i had it at first....to about 10-12 psi i cant really remember....so could that be my problem for the rev???
- last of all i noticed some sludge coming out of my exhauste but when i touched it, it felt smooth and slippery (probably oil idk) i did notice it when i started it a while back just after i put the carb kits on it but now it seemed more prominent.
- if i remeber anything else or more detail i will post it.
- could some of these problems be due to the fact of the new cdi??
- ohhhhh yea and the read light was blinking on my mfd and i disconected the tan wire but nothing changed....(i might have disconnected the wrong wire....)
12-15-2006, 06:04 PM #2
A couple things for those of us that don't know or are to old to remember.
Reason for changing CDI
What repairs were made and why
12-15-2006, 06:13 PM #3
12-15-2006, 06:18 PM #4
So this is the first time you have started it?
How did the stator test out?
How old is the fuel?
Check your carb adjustments!
Is it the stock fuel pump?
12-15-2006, 06:30 PM #5
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Homer Glen Il.
make sure you have your coils wired in the right firing order .
12-15-2006, 06:34 PM #6
- i set the adjusments to what i read
- the gas was about 4 weeks old then i put stabil in it
- the fuel pump is stock
- the stator to the electrical box didnt seem right, but i think it was okay from the electrical box to the plug boots
- and the coils are in the right firing order....
- does anyone know about the oil or sludge coming out or what this could be?? also there is alot of smoke
- and this is the second time starting it
- and the red light on the mfd is blinking...i disconected the tan wire and it is still blinking....i have premixed it...and i did it to 40:1
Last edited by ugadawg131; 12-15-2006 at 06:37 PM.
12-15-2006, 06:38 PM #7
The oil sludge might be from the crank case as the boat has been unused for while. What CDI did you get from ats? is there a number on it?
12-15-2006, 06:40 PM #8
12-15-2006, 06:40 PM #9
The blinking MFD is ethier low oil low gas overheat. A have a buck it is low oil put a hose clamp under the oil level float so it thinks its full.
12-15-2006, 06:41 PM #10
its half full ( up to where the spout starts)...and would that limit my speed??
Last edited by ugadawg131; 12-15-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By darren 4tec in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 08-11-2012, 02:27 AM
By deansta in forum Conversion PWC Performance SkisReplies: 12Last Post: 10-08-2009, 04:31 AM
By 305coco in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 14Last Post: 08-11-2007, 08:26 PM
By jcc011185 in forum Polaris PWC PerformanceReplies: 60Last Post: 11-29-2006, 10:26 PM
By macattack in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 28Last Post: 11-22-2005, 02:39 PM