Finally did my 1st Mods to my RXP

So I fianlly did my 1st repairs and mods to my 2005 RXP215. I replaced the wear ring and installed a 14/19 prop. I also installed a x-charger, 42# injectors, 4" kanaflex intake, fizzle catch can, R&D intake grate and did the reverse bucket mod.

Acceleration was nigh and day better than stock, it was very very strong. As far as top speed only saw 69.7 at around 8100-8140rpm. This was done trimmed up sitting in a normal riding position. The outside conditions were 88 degrees and extremely humid outside.

overall pretty happy just expected abit more top end but i'll figure it out eventually

Banned User
    +1
    What was your throttle position when you were at WOT? Meaning was it open all the way or not? You will need to pitch that prop to bring the RPM down....And the VTS should not be all the way up, just one click above neutral and thats the sweet spot...

yes the throtte opens completely I made sure of that.

Banned User
    +1
    Thats not what I mean...

Before you did any mods, your throttle would open 100% to give you 8100 RPM...You have since added more air coming in with the Kanaflex, more air charge from the SC, and changed the prop.....You now are making MORE POWER to turn a taller proper, which is expected...

What you need to do is go out and make a run, and slowly open your throttle until you hit the limiter (8150 on an 05 model) and SEE where your throttle lever is....I'm going to make a bet that you are NOT OPEN 100% like before, maybe 80-90%...When you try to open it that last 10%, you are causing it to bang the limiter and cut fuel...

If you are at, say, 90% open...you can adjust the trailing edge of the prop blades to bring the RPM down slightly so your WOT is a true 100% throttle open.

OH, and the R&D will slow you down...but its great for rough water...Go Riva or Worx for top end...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Thats not what I mean...

Before you did any mods, your throttle would open 100% to give you 8100 RPM...You have since added more air coming in with the Kanaflex, more air charge from the SC, and changed the prop.....You now are making MORE POWER to turn a taller proper, which is expected...

What you need to do is go out and make a run, and slowly open your throttle until you hit the limiter (8150 on an 05 model) and SEE where your throttle lever is....I'm going to make a bet that you are NOT OPEN 100% like before, maybe 80-90%...When you try to open it that last 10%, you are causing it to bang the limiter and cut fuel...

If you are at, say, 90% open...you can adjust the trailing edge of the prop blades to bring the RPM down slightly so your WOT is a true 100% throttle open.

OH, and the R&D will slow you down...but its great for rough water...Go Riva or Worx for top end...
    +1 on everything. Good information Danny.

+1
    Jeremys turning 8140 at WOT so hes close to the limiter BUT i dont think hes loosing fuel or timing yet..hes only off 40 RPM right now,Gotta remember it was humid as hell out yesterday...Jeremy needs to wait for more ideal conditions so he knows were to pitch that prop..i bet once it gets back to normal he will be around 8200 on the tach and will need to tweek it some...To tweek your prop to these conditions is useless seeing this is not normal for our area...

Thread Information