Help with Rebuild

So I lost my ceramic washers in my 05 Seadoo RXT (46 hours) motor and had the shop do the complete supercharger rebuild. I am going to attempt to clean out the motor myself and replace the things that need to be replaced. Does anyone know or any good instructions on what needs replaced throughout this process. Gaskets, Bearings? etc. Thank you.

+1
    You would want to pull the front oil pump and the PTO housing and check to see what if any damage there is and replace those parts along with flushing out the bottom case. Your filter and oil screens should have caught most of the debris. The only gasket you would really need is the pto gasket unless you remove the head. PERSONALLY I would just tear it apart and replace everything but thats just my opinion. I had a failure and did the cleanout thing, replaced both oil pumps, cleaned everything out and all was good. 2 years later I tore down my motor to do other work and the bearings were fine so it was a good call at the time and got me back on the water quickly. If you have alot of hours on the motor I would just replace everything, less than 100hrs I wouldn't.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scott93310 View Post
    So I lost my ceramic washers in my 05 Seadoo RXT (46 hours) motor and had the shop do the complete supercharger rebuild. I am going to attempt to clean out the motor myself and replace the things that need to be replaced. Does anyone know or any good instructions on what needs replaced throughout this process. Gaskets, Bearings? etc. Thank you.
    I would do a complete teardown and inspect and clean out everything - anything that appeared questionable - I would post some pictures here on the forum.

I just did what you are about to do, last winter, because of a metal "gold" clutch washer failure.

- rented an engine hoist - $30.00
    - removed the engine, and stuck it on the bench.
    - removed, inspected and replaced the suction oil pump (front oil pump) components. = Approx $200.00
    - removed and inspected the cam and removed the head.
    - removed the PTO housing. New PTO gasket = $18.00
    - removed, inspected and replaced the flywheel. used flywheel = $60.00 New flywheel bolts. = $38.00
    - removed, inspected and replaced the magneto. used magneto = $85.00 yours may be fine
    - split the case halves.
    - removed, inspected and replaced the timing chain. = $90.00 You should carefully inspect.
    - removed, inspected and replaced cam gear. = $40.00 You should carefully inspect.
    - removed, inspected and replaced the main and connecting rod bearings. = Approx $230.00 Yours may be fine.
    - installed new connecting rod bolts. = Approx. $50.00
    - replaced the pressure oil pump components in the PTO. = Approx $200.00
    - replaced the oil pressure regulator components. = Approx = $100.00
    - installed new head gasket. = $80.00
    - installed new head bolts = $80.00
    - installed new rocker shaft bolts = $35.00
    - had the crank and cam journals polished = $100.00
    - installed Riva pistons. $$ big bucks should have just left the stock ones in.

Tear it down and have a look. You'll need blue loctite, a torque wrench, a torque angle guage, an engine hoist and some Ultra Black ATV silicone sealer for re-assembly.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    if you dont plan on fitting new valves theres no point removing the head. just front oil pump and pto housing and flush it all out usually i can reconstruct the washers with all the bits i find

The ski only has 46 hours, so i really dont want to tear it all apart yet unless i need too. So your telling me that I really only need the 2 new oil pumps, primary and secondary. Does each oil pump need the new PTO housing as well. Trying to figure out what parts I need for this job so I can purchase them. If you could tell me exactly that that would be cool. Thanks a lot.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    depends on how long you ran it with the broken washers in there and how much damage is done.
    most often you need inner and outer oil pump rotors and the pto gasket/front pump oring. I usually replace the pump covers as well.
    the housings unless really badly chewed up will be fine even with a few marks etc they work fine as they are expensive.
    once the end housings are off you will see 2 passages at the bottom of the block that go from front to back you will find bits in there but most end up in the front pump housing.
    There is no way for the washers to get into the crank bearing area so I wouldnt split the cases unless you rode it for hours with broken washers or high hour engines.
    I dont remove the flywheel unless its damaged but usually it only gets damaged when the gear fails as bigger bits of steel go through the pto.

Thread Information