God of the Wave spyder3000gtvr4's Avatar

gp1200r power valve servo question

im pretty sure i needed a pv servo in 08 which was apparently the last time i used the ski but im wondering if its just a bad connection it looks a bit green in the electrical harness for it. so i buy a powervalve servo from a board member here and i fully trust it is a working servo. so i put it in my ski just now and it doesnt work, mad it makes me but whatever. so i go to my ski that the power valve servo is fully functioning i disconnected the electric connectiuon wire, plugged "my original bad" one in it and it didnt work. but when i reconnected the good one now it doesnt work same thing looks a little green in the connection. im going to go on ahead and assume that by some miracle it didnt just die and i have 3 bad servos im guessing the green is corrosion. any suggestions on cleaning them out without cutting out the connection... perhaps wd-40??? well after tinkering for a little while i cleaned the little green that was on the male ends off and my working pv is worked again until i disconnected it again so im going with crud on the female ends not sure if i should use wd or ethanol or brake cleaner on the female connections

+1
    You'll be fine with brake cleaner, that should really clean all the crap out. Before you plug it back put some grease in it that will help replace the moisture and prevent build up or corrosion on the connector. There are ways to test the pv servo. Look it up in the service manual, it should u how. If you can't find the manual go on cajundude web site he said them on there...

God of the Wave spyder3000gtvr4's Avatar
    thanks for the tips i was thinking brake cleaner but want sure i ended up taking a ride to the local auto store they had electrical conector cleaner i bought it sprayed it a few times let it soak and all the crap came out both pv servos work great, even the one i though was bad ended up working. let this be a lesson its not always a bad pv servo check your connections first it ended up costing me 106$ instead of 6$

B&V
    there is a test for the servo,u need a jumper and a paper clip ,hook two lines together and use the clip to connect the one not jumped,i forget the colors ,but its in the service manual,(blk ,wht i don't remember the other)

Thread Information