2002 Virage will not crank or bilge pump

Hi all,

We have a 2002 Virage (carburated model). Used less than 100 hours, always stored dry.

We put it up a few of weeks ago, and after two weeks tried to start, but nothing. Not even a click. Just like the battery was completely dead. Ski was running fine before that.

Bilge pump does not operate either, display works normal.

So far:

-tested and tightened all battery connections, and also undid and retightened ground from battery to engine block. All are clean, and tight. All electrical connections look fine, no corrosion.

-connected battery charger, just in case.

-installed known good battery (checked on other ski).

-checked electronic box. Both fuses are good, inside of box looks like new, with no water intrusion or damage., and all grease still in place.

-replaced module, the one with the 5 or 6 wires that is attached with two allen nuts, with a known good module from other ski.

Polaris remains unresponsive, once again, just like there is not even a battery hooked up.

Any ideas where to go next? As said before, Polaris was working as normal when put up.

central ma.
    I would look at the kill switch.

Thanks thester71.

If someone has a similar problem, here is what I did:

-Suspected the starter solenoid. Remove wire harness to starter solenoid and tested. When start button was pressed, it did not give me 12 volts, but only 0.12 volts.
    -Removed covers from steering wheel to access 4-pole plug that leads to starter switch.
    -Tested continuity from the red/purple stripe wire from that plug to the solenoid plug. Showed bad continuity.
    -Checked the connector plug that is stowed in the front above the fuel tank: two pins corroded and broken.

On to ordering a new plug!

try doing a load test on battery, and check the solinoid

The battery was fine, and so was the solenoid, but the switch power to the solenoid was bad. And that was traced back to a corroded Deutsch style connector plug by the fuel tank.

Two pins had corroded and broke off, killing the signal from the start stop switch to the starter solenoid.

Now I have to find out what the exact part number for the right replacement pins is on the Deutsch connector website:

Thread Information