Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Intake Grate question

I know most of you guys are gonna tell me to just MOD my stock intake grate but id rather keep my stock parts stock and just buy after market.

has anyone tried this R and D Aquavein intake grate??
    http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...&mmyId=6700005

price seems reasonable but if anyone knows anywhere else i can get it cheaper let me know

also if theyre is a better one to buy around that price let me know the info

thanks

- mark -

+1
    I recommend to get a prop and skip the intake grate. however a prop still wont get more speed without other mods. It will hookup better than stock though.

I plan on doing the solas 17/29 prop but the ski will only be out of the water for a few days so I figured ill swap intake grates. Do u recomend this one I found? I will be buying the prop eventually as well

+1
    The R&D grate will need some grinding to make it fit properly... if you are going to buy any a/f grate get the solas.

The R&D is also going to scrub some speed...

+1
    Prop isn't worth the $280 imo... If Ur wanting to spend that much doe on something call up Ramon over at h20xtreme and get his TCP lock for the sk and keep $140 in Ur pocket .It will add boost so u can make more HP and rev out Ur ski. I was able to run mine at 14-15psi (which turned the prop @6300 rpm in 90deg water) with rest of the ski stock but add a IC from h2o and u can then boost it up to 18psi in 90deg water and turn a much more agressive prop (which I'm still waiting on ) and hit that magic 70mph mark just some food for thought

I'm now thinking that an aftermarket intake grate is just gonna be. A complete waste of time, so should I mod my stock one? Also I haven't found a solas intake grate for the r12x only the f12x. Got any links to this part from h20 extreme u talk about?

+1
    Here is the link to site www.h20xtreme.net/

it looks like there are some killer parts on that site, but the site needs major help. broken links, no updates this year, mixed and matched pictures with parts description. id like to know exactly what im getting with my kit or purchase. someone over there needs to get their wife or better half on that asap. it looks like they are too busy going fast and building cool sh!t to screw around on the internet. i hate to email them a bunch of dumb questions and ask for pics....that would just waste more of their time.

i am thinking of getting that modded intake plenum for my r12x and changing the prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dethbrd View Post
    it looks like there are some killer parts on that site, but the site needs major help. broken links, no updates this year, mixed and matched pictures with parts description. id like to know exactly what im getting with my kit or purchase. someone over there needs to get their wife or better half on that asap. it looks like they are too busy going fast and building cool sh!t to screw around on the internet. i hate to email them a bunch of dumb questions and ask for pics....that would just waste more of their time.

i am thinking of getting that modded intake plenum for my r12x and changing the prop.
    They are so busy they just don't have the time to finish the site. They are a very small venture with limited funding and fantastic customer service. Call Ramon, he will spend all the time you need to answer your questions.

Their work on my ride plate and grate was nothing short of fantastic. Yes, I have the F15x but I would trust their mods to your stuff. I enjoy now being able to get my hand up into the pump cavity...makes pulling weeds out much easier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information