Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Any body want to look in the service manual?

Went riding today on mu Ultra 300 and my FI light came on. Brought up a po51 code and I won't be able to look at my service manual until tomorrow. My guess is throttle position sensor on the intake........any helpers out there?????

Quote Originally Posted by SCSFAB View Post
    Went riding today on mu Ultra 300 and my FI light came on. Brought up a po51 code and I won't be able to look at my service manual until tomorrow. My guess is throttle position sensor on the intake........any helpers out there?????
    Straight out of the manual.

PO#51 Service code character displayed on meter unit (COL1) is Ignition coil #2 ,#4 malfunction wiring open or short. The ECU shuts off the injector #1/#4 to stop fuel to the cylinders #1/#4

+1
    Lets try again....my meter in dealer mode displayed "poSi' , not COL1. The meter display is a little goofy, might have been "po51" or po5i", whats the book show for something on that order........

Lets try again....my meter in dealer mode displayed "poSi' , not COL1. The meter display is a little goofy, might have been "po51" or po5i", whats the book show for something on that order........
    Woops, Sorry. PoSi is Electric trim control sensor malfunction, wiring open or short. The ECU sets the electric trim at top position.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxbryan View Post
    Woops, Sorry. PoSi is Electric trim control sensor malfunction, wiring open or short. The ECU sets the electric trim at top position.
    Double sorry, it may be Po51. Hard to tell the difference in the manual.

+1
    Thanks kfxbryan! Sure enough when I looked at the trim indicator on the display it showed nothing. Opened the front cover and looked at the ECU and one of the wiring plugs was loose. Plugged it all the way in to where both sides were locked and Shazamm!....trim indicator worked and FI code cleared. Great example of how this forum should work. It saved me a trip to work where my service manual is. Once again thanks.

+1
    also this has been mentioned elsewhere in another thread so looks like the plug can work loose.

Thanks kfxbryan! Sure enough when I looked at the trim indicator on the display it showed nothing. Opened the front cover and looked at the ECU and one of the wiring plugs was loose. Plugged it all the way in to where both sides were locked and Shazamm!....trim indicator worked and FI code cleared. Great example of how this forum should work. It saved me a trip to work where my service manual is. Once again thanks.
    No problem, I just recieved in the manual on Friday so I was waiting to use it anyway. I was in the process of reading it when I saw your post.

Be safe out there.

Bryan

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    also this has been mentioned elsewhere in another thread so looks like the plug can work loose.
    Yep happened on mine I actually think it was that way from the factory is happened on my very first ride. Another case of bad pre set up. By the dealer and by me not checking it before hand.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Yep happened on mine I actually think it was that way from the factory is happened on my very first ride. Another case of bad pre set up. By the dealer and by me not checking it before hand.
    yours probably came off during one of your detailed cleans......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information