Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    RXP-X runs then quits

    I have a 2008 RXP-X I just flushed the intercooler last week, ran the ski this weekend, and if I was holding it at 30mph steady every 20-30 sec or so the ski would loose all power and the rpms everything would just come to a halt for about 2 seconds then go right back up to 30.. this went on the entire ride at any speed... If I would hammer down on the throttle full tilt it would want to run but evently die, and take a couple mins to fire back up... Anyone run into this before??
    Background info:
    Ski has 125 hours
    Rebuilt supercharger at 89 hours
    Plugs at 89 hours, and I pulled the plugs and they looked fine


  2. #2
    Sturm215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakeland florida
    Posts
    1,893
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by JTAK101 View Post
    I have a 2008 RXP-X I just flushed the intercooler last week, ran the ski this weekend, and if I was holding it at 30mph steady every 20-30 sec or so the ski would loose all power and the rpms everything would just come to a halt for about 2 seconds then go right back up to 30.. this went on the entire ride at any speed... If I would hammer down on the throttle full tilt it would want to run but evently die, and take a couple mins to fire back up... Anyone run into this before??
    Background info:
    Ski has 125 hours
    Rebuilt supercharger at 89 hours
    Plugs at 89 hours, and I pulled the plugs and they looked fine
    hmm maybe didn't get all water out of intercooler?
    Change the plugs anyways.. sometimes they can fool yah.

  3. #3
    JunkBird69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Baltimore the city that bleeds!
    Posts
    72
    Fuel Pump possibly

  4. #4
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkBird69 View Post
    Fuel Pump possibly
    Could be this, or maybe a bad injector. I would definitely change out the plugs and see if that's the problem.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    hmm maybe didn't get all water out of intercooler?
    Change the plugs anyways.. sometimes they can fool yah.
    You caught my interest with not getting out all the water out of the intercooler.... I flushed it out, then cleaned the fins (where the air flows) then blew it out with compressed air, and reinstalled... I could see it possibly having some water droplets... Why would that cause this issue though??

  6. #6
    Yeah I will change the plugs even though they looked okay... I thought injector to at first.. but it idles fine, I would think if it was a bad injector it would have a rough idle.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Could be this, or maybe a bad injector. I would definitely change out the plugs and see if that's the problem.

  7. #7
    Isnt there always moisture in the intercooler, I mean the air its sucking up cant be that dry

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    hmm maybe didn't get all water out of intercooler?
    Change the plugs anyways.. sometimes they can fool yah.

  8. #8
    TundraLu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by JTAK101 View Post
    Isnt there always moisture in the intercooler, I mean the air its sucking up cant be that dry
    I thought the same thing myself. Especially in florida with these hot 100+ degree summers.

  9. #9
    Right especially when your on the water, I mean its sucking up that air and we are already in 100% humidity down here... But seems odd that I just had it out now its acting up... It might be a coincidence and its something fuel related... Going to take it out tomorrow and see if it throws any codes

    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLu View Post
    I thought the same thing myself. Especially in florida with these hot 100+ degree summers.

  10. #10
    Sturm215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakeland florida
    Posts
    1,893
    +1
    64
    If there is water in intercooler still or too much moister it will bog down.. and foul plugs ...... check intercooler and change plugs simple.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 04:59 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. 1997 hurricane runs until the battery is dead then quits. HELP
    By jetskiidaho in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 10:52 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 11:23 AM
  5. seadoo 1994 xp runs then quits
    By scotty2hotty in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •