MSX 110 Top Speed

I am just trying to figure out what the top speed should be for a stock 110. I am getting 52-55 mph out of mine does that sound about right or is it a little low?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ob_pirate View Post
    I am just trying to figure out what the top speed should be for a stock 110. I am getting 52-55 mph out of mine does that sound about right or is it a little low?
    In choppy water, that sounds about right.

Are you seeing full boost from the gauge?

The dealership that is working on both of my MSX's are saying the boost seems a little low, they are wanting to tear into the turbos on both skis that are showing the exact same thing, they are saying they should be getting 60 mph. Both are topping out at about 55 mph, they are being tested in estuary water that always has a small amount of chop (but I wouldn't imagine it's enough to really affect them). I just thought I'd get the opinion of the experts on "greenhulk" before I thought about dropping that kind of money into them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ob_pirate View Post
    The dealership that is working on both of my MSX's are saying the boost seems a little low, they are wanting to tear into the turbos on both skis that are showing the exact same thing, they are saying they should be getting 60 mph. Both are topping out at about 55 mph, they are being tested in estuary water that always has a small amount of chop (but I wouldn't imagine it's enough to really affect them). I just thought I'd get the opinion of the experts on "greenhulk" before I thought about dropping that kind of money into them.
    check the wastegate first, they are prone to failure.

The waste gates have been looked at and they are fine on both ski's it was sticking on one and it was loosened up, but the problem is still there of both them seeming to not top out. They run great, very responsive in the water they just don't seem to have it at the top end, which is leading me to agree with the dealer's assessment and say the turbos are needing replaced, I just find it strange that both ski's have the exact same problem.

Thread Information