Switched to Premix

Hey guys i'm new to this forum but not new to jet skiis. I just bought '95 Waveraider 700 for my daughter and installed a blockoff plate on it to go premix. I need to know what to do when I start it for the 1st time with the premix in it. Should I pour some oil in the carbs until the premix gets there? The other question I have is: Do I just pour the oil in the gas tank like on an outboard or do I have to mix it first then pour it in the tank? Any help would be great.
    Thanks,Randy

Randy, first off i wouldnt put any oil into the carbs, but if you want to be safe you can squirt some lube into the carbs and that will lube it up for first start, the premix will come in seconds so its not much of an issue. The next question is do you pour it in the tank or mix in a can, i would say for best measure do your mixing in a can to ensure proper mixing, but in the tank isnt bad if there are less then perfect conditions as it will mix while you ride.

A sum up, no oil in the carbs but you can use a flammable lube (to ensure burning, such as XPS seadoo lube, or WD-40) And if i were you i would always mix fuel and oil in a can before going in the tank, to ensure good mixture. Hope that helps.

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest you premix it in a "gas jug" prior to pouring the gas in the tank.

I would purge that little section of fuel line. You can use a primer squeeze bulb (found at sporting good stores in the marine section) connect inline with a 1/4" fittings and after you put gas in the tank, disconnect the fuel supply to the carbs and return from the carbs to the tank and purge using the primer bulb in a closed loop back to the tank. do this for a few squeezes and you are fine. When done, reconnect back to their normal installation points and start her up.
    This will give you a little piece of mind knowing that section of line has premix already for supply.

It is not a long run of fuel, but it helps to know this section has lubrication when you start it.

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest you premix it in a "gas jug" prior to pouring the gas in the tank.

I would purge that little section of fuel line. You can use a primer squeeze bulb (found at sporting good stores in the marine section) connect inline with a 1/4" fittings and after you put gas in the tank, disconnect the fuel supply to the carbs and return from the carbs to the tank and purge using the primer bulb in a closed loop back to the tank. do this for a few squeezes and you are fine. When done, reconnect back to their normal installation points and start her up.
    This will give you a little piece of mind knowing that section of line has premix already for supply.

It is not a long run of fuel, but it helps to know this section has lubrication when you start it.
    Thanks guys you were a lot of help.

Hey guys, would a primer do the same?i'm hooking my motor back to the fuel lines this week after i had to replace all 3 cylinders from a seize.Thx

Thread Information