Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What would u do.....????

Going away with the ski for 2 weeks ... last year i was bitten with 37 hours on the ski and the clutch went on my second day!

this year now with 23 hours on the new one but a r2 and c3 would anyone bother whacking in a new clutch or just wait till it let go....

im stuck with what to do...

ian

Take the chance but stick a clutch and some tools in your suitcase just in case !

+1
    roll the dice. if it does happen at least you can call bs on the people that say lightning doest strike twice in the same spot!

+1
    I wouldn't worry about it. There are far more on here with 100+ hours and no problems then there are with failures. I have one with 80 hours and one with 60 hours, both almost all ocean hours. The one with 60 hours is ridden very hard every time out (I ride it), the other is rarely pushed hard. Whatever caused your 37 hour failure was isolated. Even with the R2 and C3, you should be able to get a lot more than that out of it.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. There are far more on here with 100+ hours and no problems then there are with failures. I have one with 80 hours and one with 60 hours, both almost all ocean hours. The one with 60 hours is ridden very hard every time out (I ride it), the other is rarely pushed hard. Whatever caused your 37 hour failure was isolated. Even with the R2 and C3, you should be able to get a lot more than that out of it.
    I agree. Odds are you should be fine. Enjoy your trip!

+1
    I have about the same set up as you do...my clutch is still going strong at 97 hours......I probably just jinxed myself...lol.... I have a new clutch gear cluster and all the wrenches packed in a box just in case.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I have about the same set up as you do...my clutch is still going strong at 97 hours......I probably just jinxed myself...lol.... I have a new clutch gear cluster and all the wrenches packed in a box just in case.
    I just got back from a 5 day trip today....First trip with the new clutch (74 hours on first clutch)....it broke after 3 hours! I have R2/C3. It SUCKS!
    I think its just luck of the draw. Bring your tools....or a nice back up ski.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    3 Hours Damn That Sucks! Sorry for the bad luck bro.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    I just got back from a 5 day trip today....First trip with the new clutch (74 hours on first clutch)....it broke after 3 hours! I have R2/C3. It SUCKS!
    I think its just luck of the draw. Bring your tools....or a nice back up ski.
    That totally blows.....glad u had ur 300X to ride. How did the 300X do on ur long cruises? were u able to use the eco mode? If so was it effective.? Hope u had fun

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    3 Hours Damn That Sucks! Sorry for the bad luck bro.
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by sourpower RXT View Post
    That totally blows.....glad u had ur 300X to ride. How did the 300X do on ur long cruises? were u able to use the eco mode? If so was it effective.? Hope u had fun
    Didn't do any long range cruises...more like short range missile rides...using A LOT of gas. I did not try eco mode, and don't know if I will as I think it says you need to run 95 octane in that mode. I need to have more information as it relates to the "eco mode" yet. It sure would be nice for longer range rides though 'cause if when you're riding WOT you really go thru the gas. I am spoiled with the TBM auxillary tank on the FZR which allows me to hold over 24 gallons in it, so it seems like I never have to put gas in that ski.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information