New one here and so far love it.

Hello all I found this site after much searching for solutions to my SINKING GP1200.

Any ways i have found some good info but I do have one question.

Has anyone ever removed cat and shimmed bolts to fit it back together with out a d-plate? and i did resistor mod on it.

I am asking because I am at a loss with the ski.

It is a 2000 Yamaha GP1200 YA and when I got it she ran good clear up to 60+ MPH then within the first 10 hrs it melted the exhaust and sunk.

So I sent back to shop and they put new one on and within 5 miles sunk again.

I have so far sunk 8 times and am about ready to pull motor and rebuild unless i missed something. IDK i am going to keep reading for now.

Orange County, Ca
    Welcome to greenhulk, the reason there a dplate ur motor need the back pressure to operate correctly. Sunk 8 time that a record. What part of the exhaust melted??? Are u talking about the exhaust hose? Or the exhaust itself??

that plastic pvc crap. I have gotten pretty original with the repairs. Now it has a 4" exhaust elbow from a semi and couplers ill try and get a pic for y'all.

I thought the cat was getting to hot so that is why i pulled it. One thing is when i run amsoil HPI oil it seems to not sink as often. but the first ride this season i put in some yamalube and sure enough sunk it!

Madison, WI, USA
    if you're melting the rubber exhaust couplers, then there must not be enough water flow through the exhaust to cool it. Check for blockages in the exhaust water jackets.

Thread Information