96 XP Issues!!! Any help.....

I was just given a 96XP by a family member who was sick of having it in the garage. I was told it has been sitting for about 18 months. I replaced the battery and plugs but cant get the craft to turn over. When I press the start/stop button all I hear is a constant hum. Sounds almost like an air intake maybe? No crank at all. Any ideas? Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Bend OR
    Look for rocks or sticks in the pump. Try cranking with out spark plug in it. It sound like it lock up or the pump in lock up. With the plugs out you shound be able to turn it over by hand with the fly wheel. If it will not turn over take the pump off. then see if it will turn over. It it now turn over there is somthing wroung with the pump. If it still will not turn somthing in the motor is bad. If it turn over the first time you try it may be starter might be lock on the starter wheel or soleno or a ground.

a constant hum? is that the starter spinning w/o engaging the flywheel? if you get fed up with it i'll take it off your hands!

Thread Information