Thread: HELP

HELP

No Power When cold Rxp. Also coolant tank is empty. could this be pre super charger failure?? when the ski warms up it has normal power. any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Dave.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by davehekhuis View Post
    PLEASE HELP WITH QUESTIONS I HAVE A 2004 RXP W 48 HOURS, IT HAS LOW POWER WHEN ITS COLD, ALSO COOLANT LEVEL IN TANK IS ALMOST EMPTY. IT RUNS OK ONCE IT WARMS UP. COULD THIS BE PRE SUPER CHARGER FAILURE???

THANK YOU.

Dave.
    For one.... Stop shouting. Caps is not necessary.

Possibly a blown head gasket.

How can i check the head gasket? there does not seem to be any coolant in the oil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by davehekhuis View Post
    How can i check the head gasket? there does not seem to be any coolant in the oil.
    Compression check...

130 psi is average +or- some.

If you fill the bottle, and there are no leaks on any of the cooling lines, then its overflowing from the bottle while doing WOT runs. The coolant goes into the hull, and the bailers suck it out of the hull.

Tape the overflow tube into a coke bottle, and run it for a few passes, if it fills the bottle , then the head gasket is shot.

(borrowed from psyco rxp)

Thank you, I am assuming the head gasket if shot would make the machine miss and stumble? power comes and goes, like a bad set of spark plugs.

+1
    It could and will. If you keep losing coolant, your HG is gone. When you pull the head, have the head checked and have it 'trued' to the block. If you don't, you could be blowing more HG's in the near future. Also, get a set of ARP head studs. I think they are around $165.00. Great investment IMO!.

Just because there is no coolant in the oil or water in the oil doesn't mean much. Pretty sure it isn't SC related. The HG might not be busted enough to get into the oil. Maybe just slightly. Most of the fluid is vaporized in the combustion chamber immediately as it is only 2000(?) degrees or so.... Hope this helps you.

Also, TORQUE THE HEAD BOLTS TO FACTORY SPECS...... Don't redneck torque it. Do it right. Better results.

Thread Information