Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Boosted3s 05 RXP turbo build

Hey guys, Thought I would start a thread for my 05 RXP turbo build. I have decided to ditch the supercharger in favor of a Precision 5557 cea turbo, the turbine housing is a T3 .63 a/r. So far We have cut up the jpipe and mounted the turbo flange to it. Ill post some more pics as we progress.

+1
    Cool, Keep the pics coming. The more of these turbos I see being built the more I want to build one. How to you plan on surpporting the turbo? I like the placement of your turbo. Keep it as high as you can also the wastegate, too.

+1
    Not sure about supporting it yet, Once the Jpipe is done Ill figure that out. Ill post some more pics later.

+1
    Looking good so far.

+1 Make sure to hang the Down pipe from the body after u make it, or some kind of support from the pump area, as I just added one because of the pounding the rough stuff puts on the stock manifold bolts, and J-pipe flex joint.
    I would also recommend cutting most of the stock manifold end bell off, or getting the Stainless end bell mod done. If u run lean,or hot like mine has at times, the melted parts will run thru the turbine impeller, and will damage it.

+1
    Here are a few more pics of what we got to today. As for the manifold end bell I'll probably just cut it down, I dont need it tearing the turbine wheel up.

Turbo drain fitting I whipped up on the lathe, still got make a bracket to make sure it stays in the pto cover although it fits fairly tight now.

Here's a pic of the completed jpipe

here are a few more random pics

We are going to try to get the downpipe done tomorrow along with the oil and water lines. I am debating on waterjacketing the downpipe or just injecting it with water right after the turbine housing. I was considering running the extra water from the I/C bleeder into the downpipe also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted3s View Post
    Here are a few more pics of what we got to today. As for the manifold end bell I'll probably just cut it down, I dont need it tearing the turbine wheel up.

Turbo drain fitting I whipped up on the lathe, still got make a bracket to make sure it stays in the pto cover although it fits fairly tight now.

Here's a pic of the completed jpipe

here are a few more random pics

We are going to try to get the downpipe done tomorrow along with the oil and water lines. I am debating on waterjacketing the downpipe or just injecting it with water right after the turbine housing. I was considering running the extra water from the I/C bleeder into the downpipe also.
    If it were me I would jacket 6-8" after the turbine,then inject it, you dont really want to inject too close as you will risk water getting into the turbine.

No need to jacket the whole thing IMO.

R88

+1
    Finished up the downpipe and wastegate piping today. Also ran the water lines. I am going to heat wrap all of the pipes tomorrow.

Here is a pic of how we did the water jacket.

Completed downpipe. Water exits the jacket at the bottom through 4 holes in the pipe and I also am injecting the water from the IC bleeder into the pipe right after the jacket

Shot from above

+1
    Finished up ther turbo kit today, I still have some other things to do like pump reliefs and repitch the prop. Here are some more pics of the turbo install. I am going to get it on the water this weekend to see how it rides at low boost.

Relocated the coolant bottle to the front above the battery, just cut the mount off of the seat piece and epoxied it here.

Stainless wear ring installed, I have a stock 15/22R prop that needs to be repitched.

+1
    Looks great. Hope it runs out well for you.

+1
    looks GREAT.......and that coolant bottle TRICK is the SH!T...........im HIP to that move myself........thanks for posting the pics......BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information