07-26-2011, 12:32 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Just Bought a 1998 Sea doo spx: Need Some info
I have a few ?'s. 1)So where is the the drain for the jet pump oil? 2) what kind of oil do I replace it with. 3) Is there any common problems with these? 4) how are the motors (bullet proof or head aches) 5) I paid 1200 for it and its pretty clean (ill try to get some pictures) is that High or low? (cant seem to find any on C-list). Anything else you wanna add (new to sea doo family)
Any info would be great!!
07-23-2012, 05:40 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
07-24-2012, 05:55 AM #3
1) pull the pump and remove the venturi and steering nozzle, you will see on the pump cone a pipe plug. remove that to drain the oil.
2) seadoo has special oil for it that you can buy in the online store. you could also use a gear oil 75 W 90.
3) as in the previous post, the fuel lines.
4) motors are realy good if you leave it stock / light modded.
5) i'm coming from europe so don't know what the prices are over there but we pay twice as much for a 98 spx.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Vagaondracing103 in forum Sea Doo ClassifiedsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2010, 10:35 AM
By pepp101 in forum 2-Stroke PerformanceReplies: 19Last Post: 09-01-2009, 08:47 PM
By rob2337 in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2009, 08:08 PM
By Matt in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 03-25-2006, 07:29 PM
By Matt in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 03-22-2006, 11:05 PM