Thread: Things to check

Things to check

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and just bought a new ultra 300 x. I have been doing some ready and learning over the last couple of days/weeks, and still had some questions that I havent been able to find the answer too. I am one of those real anal owners that have to stay on top of everything; so aside from the plugs and oil changes i had some other questions about normal manitenance.

1. do you replace supercharger oil? If so when and how? Is there a drain in the unit do you have to take the unit out?

2. does the plastic cowl under the seat come of the kawi's like the seadoos?

3. are there bearings and grease fittings that should be greased.

4. I see some write ups about changing the pump oil in the impeller and replacing the grease with oil (anti Cavitation cone), is this just a take apart clean grease and put oil in type of deal or do you have to change seals and stuff? Any benefit to doing this?

hope you guys can help me expand my knowledge. I look forward to contributing to the forum.

thanks

+1
    1. no
    2. yes 4 bolts surely you can work that out by just looking at it.
    3. fittings yes external bearings no. (its all in the maintenance manual)
    4. the pump has grease from the factory, keep it that way, no real benefit on this ski.
    hope this all helps.

Quote Originally Posted by crxin View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and just bought a new ultra 300 x. I have been doing some ready and learning over the last couple of days/weeks, and still had some questions that I havent been able to find the answer too. I am one of those real anal owners that have to stay on top of everything; so aside from the plugs and oil changes i had some other questions about normal manitenance.

1. do you replace supercharger oil? If so when and how? Is there a drain in the unit do you have to take the unit out?

2. does the plastic cowl under the seat come of the kawi's like the seadoos?

3. are there bearings and grease fittings that should be greased.

4. I see some write ups about changing the pump oil in the impeller and replacing the grease with oil (anti Cavitation cone), is this just a take apart clean grease and put oil in type of deal or do you have to change seals and stuff? Any benefit to doing this?

hope you guys can help me expand my knowledge. I look forward to contributing to the forum.

thanks

great this helps a lot. How often should i service the jet pump. I watched some videos where there were servicing the pump; I am assuming around 100 hours? At that point would i just pack the cone full of grease?

+1
    service as per the manual thats the safest, best you get a workshop manual as your questions are all over the place the kawi pump cone doesnt have grease in it you pack the front seals and cavity with grease and replace the bearings

I have never really worked on PWC's so thats what I am trying to get a little bit of knowledge. I will take a look around and see if I can find a service manual for it.

Thread Information