Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2007 honda aquatrax f12x?

Hi guys, I recently purcased a 2006 seadoo rxp and have been very happy with it. Now looking to get a second ski to be able to bring family or friends riding with me, and I have a trade offer on the table for someting else I'm selling for this guys 2007 f12x. He says its been well maintained and runs great. It has 45 hrs on it and is in great shape. I am wondering if there's anything I should look for on it that are known issues and what about its worth? I'm kinda new to the pwc world as I had boats before and this is my first summer with ski's. I'm still trying to learn everything about my rxp let alone trying to learn everything about another now. I know when I bought my rxp I ended up having to rebuild the charger to replace the stock clutch washers as they are problem proned and do a wear ring. That was over $500 I had to invest and I just want a heads up if there are similar maint items on the honda and how will it ride compared to my rxp? Thanks for any info!

Hondas are the most reliable ski on the water. The issues they have are a stuck waste gate solenoid and stuck turbos. The way to see if those problems are there is just to simply test ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by mossbergman View Post
    Hondas are the most reliable ski on the water. The issues they have are a stuck waste gate solenoid and stuck turbos. The way to see if those problems are there is just to simply test ride it.
    How does a turbo get "stuck"? I have been reading the n/a models re quite reliable and the tc models are plaged with problems and very expensive to fix. Is this all years or only certain yrs? Any idea of a realistic price on this thing? Can't find any for sale in my area same yr and model.

To give you an idea, i bought my 06 f12x(turbo) with 33 hours on it with a triton elite trailer for $6,000. It was like it just came off the showroom floor though and was always garaged and covered. The ski you're looking at should go in the $5500-7000 range, atleast that's what they're going for in my area.

Stuck turbo's aren't a big deal. You'll know for sure if it's stuck. It will only go 20-27 mph. My f12x had set up for a solid year without being ran and sure enough the turbo was stuck on it. I actually had the money in had and the first test drive it would only go 27mph. Luckily i had done research the night before and thought it was the turbo. I took the intake hose off and it was stuck. We drove back to his house, i sprayed a good penetrating lubricant in there and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. I then grabbed a shop rag(so it won't cut your fingers) and eventually it free'd up. It then ran in the 60s on the dreamometer so i knew everything was fine and it has been ever since.

When the turbo's lock up, it's not a bearing issue. It's simply corrosion from moisture in combination with sitting for a while with out being used. If you can spray penetrant on it and free it up, i'm pretty sure there would be no more issues. I really do love my f12x. It's pretty quick and great on fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    To give you an idea, i bought my 06 f12x(turbo) with 33 hours on it with a triton elite trailer for $6,000. It was like it just came off the showroom floor though and was always garaged and covered. The ski you're looking at should go in the $5500-7000 range, atleast that's what they're going for in my area.

Stuck turbo's aren't a big deal. You'll know for sure if it's stuck. It will only go 20-27 mph. My f12x had set up for a solid year without being ran and sure enough the turbo was stuck on it. I actually had the money in had and the first test drive it would only go 27mph. Luckily i had done research the night before and thought it was the turbo. I took the intake hose off and it was stuck. We drove back to his house, i sprayed a good penetrating lubricant in there and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. I then grabbed a shop rag(so it won't cut your fingers) and eventually it free'd up. It then ran in the 60s on the dreamometer so i knew everything was fine and it has been ever since.

When the turbo's lock up, it's not a bearing issue. It's simply corrosion from moisture in combination with sitting for a while with out being used. If you can spray penetrant on it and free it up, i'm pretty sure there would be no more issues. I really do love my f12x. It's pretty quick and great on fuel.
    Thanks for the info bud, that's exactly the info I needed! I think I'm gonna go for the trade. How will this thing compare on gas to my 06 rxp? Makes less hp so I would assume better but it does have an extra cylinder I believe as its a 4 cylinder 4 stroke right?

It will be a little better on gas. I know mine is better than my dad's gtx 215 on gas. Being a 4 cylinder won't make any difference. It has a smaller displacement(1235cc vs 149Xcc) than your rxp.

Just to give you an idea of the f12x's speed. I ran my dad a couple times with his gtx 215. Only thing i have is a macsboost module. We went from about 10mph and on once, he jumped me about a ski and we stayed there all the way to top end. We went from a dig and he got me a ski and a half out of the hole. I may have gained half a ski accelerating but we stayed right there. He may have had a mph on me on top end, not much difference. The f12x won't be as fast out of the hole as your rxp until the turbo spools, when it spools it pulls pretty dang hard.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    I have 100 hours on my F12X and 0 (yep, zero) problems with it. You need to spray the turbo and waste gate actuator after each ride. They will rust. (Carbon steel) I ride in the ocean and fresh, 50/50. It is not as fast as a 215. Will go a full 3rd farther on same fuel. I have gone 90 + miles on mine on one tank. It doesn't handle the rough ocean as well as my STX12F. Nose tends to hunt and chine walks.
    You will not be dissapointed. You don't have to re-build s/c every 100 hours either. Have friends that have 300+ hours. No issues.
    It porpoises like a pig on smooth water. Has a LOT of storage compared to most.

I agree it's not as fast as a 215 in stock form. I'd guess that a stage 2 macsboost would be right there with a stock 215. Just guessing here.

+1
    Actualy if u do a stage 2 from h20xtreme.net its as fast as a RXP-215 66ish topend with a mean bottom end .
    Stock the f-12x does 0-60 in about 10 sec ,0-50 in about 5sec
    H2o st2 :....................0-60 in 5sec,0-50 in 3ish...

+1
    If you would ever like more power, I'm here to help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information