08 ho overstuffing

The ski is a 08 fx ho stock. We started having problems with this ski, bucking and throwing people off. We checked everything, jet pump, plate, grate, all perfect. The prop has little cavitation burns but nothing major. Now we installed a riva plate, grate and a plug kit. We tested the ski and it is a little better bu it feels like is not hooked well and at full speed from time to time it feels like jumping a wave on flat water, that I think is from pump overstu ffing. The only thing that coulb be bad now is the prop. Should we go with a bigger prop? Is the stock sho prop good? Anyone had this problem?

+1
    Hello there buddy,

I had this very same problem on this very same ski, got knocked out of cocience twice. The problem is this is a nano cell hull too light so it over stuffs and the ski is lighter and instead of plowing it's wake it tries to jump it. I had the same set up and ended up trading in for a new FZS. What you need to do is install bypass valves in your pump to releve pressure (water your pump can not process) to keek your ski from trying to jump it's wake. I hope you or anyone won't get hurt. Use the search function and find threads where people have installed these valves, they are made by jetworks and they were first used on GP1300R. You can fix this problem and have a really nice ski. Good luck and take care, Julio...

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Hello there buddy,

I had this very same problem on this very same ski, got knocked out of cocience twice. The problem is this is a nano cell hull too light so it over stuffs and the ski is lighter and instead of plowing it's wake it tries to jump it. I had the same set up and ended up trading in for a new FZS. What you need to do is install bypass valves in your pump to releve pressure (water your pump can not process) to keek your ski from trying to jump it's wake. I hope you or anyone won't get hurt. Use the search function and find threads where people have installed these valves, they are made by jetworks and they were first used on GP1300R. You can fix this problem and have a really nice ski. Good luck and take care, Julio...
    Well, nobody got hurt but my friend got thrown off twice and the ski went up on the canal wall damaging the bottom and almost trow me off when it took a hard left at almost full speed. I know about the valves, I have to do that setup on my ski soon, I was hoping there will be other solution for the problem. Anyway the riva grate made a big difference. Thanks abracadabra

Thread Information