Thread: Void Warranty

Void Warranty

Got a new 300LX this past weekend and purchased the extended warranty (1 year mfg and 4 year additional = 5 yr total).

Was worried if/when something breaks what will void the warranty (i.e. aftermarket parts).

What paperwork will be needed to 'prove' i did all the maintenance correctly (i.e. log book, pic of me and wife working on ski LOL, etc.)?

+1
    its all listed in point form in the owners manual might pay to read it again.

Yea, I have to say I've looked at the book a number of times and haven't seen anything on maintenance documentation required to cover warranty work, but will look again. I've seen it state they recommend to take the ski back to a the dealer after the first 10 hours, etc but nothing on maintenance docs. Will look again.

Anyways, I was hoping people could give their real world experiences with dealerships and warranty work with all regular maintenance done by the owner. Heard too many stories (and they may just be that) of people being denied work stating failure is due to lack of proper maintenance when in fact they did carry out the recommended maintenance.

Banned User
    +1
    Document your work keep your receipts for parts etc be honest with Kawi and the rep if something happens. Do that and u will be fine

+1
    p.166 its all there listed for records to keep if you are doin it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by NDanecker View Post
    Yea, I have to say I've looked at the book a number of times and haven't seen anything on maintenance documentation required to cover warranty work, but will look again. I've seen it state they recommend to take the ski back to a the dealer after the first 10 hours, etc but nothing on maintenance docs. Will look again.

Anyways, I was hoping people could give their real world experiences with dealerships and warranty work with all regular maintenance done by the owner. Heard too many stories (and they may just be that) of people being denied work stating failure is due to lack of proper maintenance when in fact they did carry out the recommended maintenance.

Thread Information